Friday, January 22, 2021

Character Creation Business #22: Cartoon Action Hour: Season 1

 Once again, I’m jumping backward in both alphabetic and time with a character for the first season (read: the first edition) of Cartoon Action Hour”. So far, I did a serious “Inspector Gadget” in Season 3 for Day #9 and a robot for a science fiction series in Season 2 for Day #17. So this time, I’m going fantasy. This is your classic fantasy cartoon with all the traps you may find in any of your fantasy books, movies, cartoons, and tabletop roleplaying: knights, orcs, dragons, princess, elves,  castles, etc.  I’m going with “Fayara” as the name of the series.


Step #1 is to get the Character Points (CPs) for the character. Question #1: The usual 100 CPs for our character? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 40. Yes. Fine with me.


Step #2 is the Tagline, which I will decide on the following:  “A teen princess disguised as an elf.”


Step #3 is a name. I’m am going with Aelita for our character


Step #4 is Personality. I am going with the following: “Aelita is a deadly serious person who takes will work her hide off to stop evil and injustice anywhere on Fayara.”


Step #5 is Appearance. I am going with the following for Aelita’s appearance: “Aelita is a tall human with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in a white wig, a purple toga, and sandals.


Step #6 is Story Hooks. I can pick up anywhere from zero to five Story Hooks for Aelita. I’m going with the following her:


  • Vow: Prevent anyone from learning that is actual Princess Amanda Emeraldina Tamalena of Galyara - Moderate

  • Mental Problem: Very serious - Major

  • Fears: Actual elves - Moderate.




Step #7 is Traits. There are two tables with the CPs point cost -- and I’m going with the one I page 185 of the rulebook. for my use. The following is the traits I brought for Aelita -- and the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Armed Combat 1 [100 - 2 = 98]

  • Athletics 2 [98 - 4 = 94]

  • Body 2 [94 - 4 = 90]

  • Coordination 2 [90 - 4 = 86]

  • Ranged Combat 4 [86 - 6 = 70]

  • Riding 1 [70 - 2 =  68]

  • Disguise 4 [68 - 8 = 60]

  • Willpower 3 [60 - 3 = 57]

  • Performer 4 [57 - 8 = 49]

  • Writing 4 [49 - 8 = 41]



Step #8 is to pick Specialties for my traits -- if I want to. But if I did, I would have removed the special rating from the main trait and add to my specialty to the number. If I decide to take a Level 2 specialty for Writing -- it would come out like the following: Writing 2/6 [Fake Elves Scrolls]. I think Aelita’s traits are fine as they are - -so I move on to the next step.  


Step #9 is to get Oomph. I’m going with 5 Oomphs for Aelita. So that cost me 10 CPs. 41 - 1 = 31 CPs left more me.


Step #10 is to get Stunt Points. I’m going with 3 Stunt Points for Aelita. That cost me another 10 CPs. 31 - 10 = 21. 


Step #11 is to to the Hurt Points of the Character. I have to find their body rating and check the table and add the willpower to it. It’s time to do Aelita’s Hurt Points now. Aelita’s Body rating is a 2. Checking the table on Page 15 of the rulebook for Season One of “Cartoon Action Hour”, she gets the following number for her Hurt Points: 35 Hurt Points... Wait a minute, let see if Aelita has a number in  Willpower. She does. Willpower is 3. 35 + 3 = 38. 38 is Aelita’s total Hurt Point:


It’s time for Aelita to get Special Abilities. Special Abilities, can any of the following: magic spells, superpowers, gadgets, animal companions, weapons. I think I going with a weapon -- a crossbow. That is a low business since it won’t affect the series too much. (21 - 2 = 19). It’s also an Offensive Special Ability since it’s a weapon. Next to get a Damage Rating. It’s a toss-up in my not so humble opinion on whether or not you need Strength for a crossbow -- so I’m going to ask Mythic about this one. Question #1: Does the crossbow need the strength of a human? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 54. So It’s going to X + DR that I get. I’m going with 10. So 19 - 10 = 9. Next is the Range. I’m going Long. 9 - 4 = 5.  My Bonus for the Crossbow is the following: Weightless. 5 - 3 = 2. For Restrictions, I’m going with Item. 2 + 2 = 4. 



The following is how it will look in the full stats of the character:


“Crossbow (OSA, Low): A normal fantasy world’s crossbow. 

Damage Rating: 10+2 

Range: 5

Bonus: Weightless

Restriction: item”.



Step #12 is Background.  I’m going with the following for Aelita: “When Princess Amanda Emeraldina Tamalena of Galyara was a child, she was almost kidnapped by a mysterious creature. Amanda assumed the mysterious creature was an elf. After learning about crossbows and disguises, she decides to explore other countries in disguise and with no contacts -- magic or otherwise with Galyara while she was in disguise. Her disguise was the dead serious elf, Aelita.”




...And with that, I’m done with the PC, full stats are below as usual.



=FULL STATS=


Series: “Fayara”


Name: “Aelita”



Tagline: “A teenage princess disguised as an elf.”


Appearance: Aelita is a tall human with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in a white wig, a purple toga, and sandals. 



Personality: Aelita is a deadly serious person who takes will work her hide off to stop evil and injustice anywhere on Fayara.


Story Hooks:

  • Vow: Prevent anyone from learning that is actual Princess Amanda Emeraldina Tamalena of Galyara - Moderate

  • Mental Problem: Very serious - Major

  • Fears: Actual elves - Moderate.



Traits:


  • Armed Combat 1 

  • Athletics 2

  • Body 2 

  • Coordination 2

  • Ranged Combat 4

  • Riding 1 

  • Disguise 4 

  • Willpower 3 

  • Performer 4

  • Writing 4 


Oomph: 10


Stunt Points: 3


Hunt Points: 38


Specialty Abilities


Crossbow (OSA, Low): A normal fantasy world’s crossbow. 

Damage Rating: 10+2 

Range: 5

Bonus: Weightless

Restriction: item


Background


When Princess Amanda Emeraldina Tamalena of Galyara was a child, she was almost kidnapped by a mysterious creature. Amanda assumed the mysterious creature was an elf. After learning about crossbows and disguises, she decides to explore other countries in disguise and with no contacts -- magic or otherwise with Galyara while she was in disguise. Her disguise was the dead serious elf, Aelita.


No comments:

Post a Comment