Sunday, January 31, 2021

Character Creation Business 31: FATE Condensed

 Evil Hat’s “FATE” is another universal tabletop. FATE has three versions:

“Fate Core”, “Fate Condensed”, & “Fate Accelerated”. The second one is the most recent one, go I’m going with that one. 


Step #1 is that I need a genre for this character. Time to bring out “Mythic” for some help here! Question #1: Is the genre the following: “Cyberpunk”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 92. Exceptional No. It is neither “Cyberpunk” nor “Espionage”. Question #2: “Fantasy”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 65. No. Question #3: “Horror”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 23. Yes. Our character is for a “horror” campaign. 


Step #2 is to get a High Concept. The following is: “A Good-Hearted Eldritch Abomination”.



Step #3 is to get a Trouble. The following: “Causes Insanity In Human By Accident.”



Step #4 is a Relationship that has another PC. Since I’m going with this also, I’m going with the following: “Dr. Hydranstien hates me for making his daughter insane.”


Step #5 is dealing with the Other Aspects. For this one, I’m going with the following: “Culthuthu Loves Me” & “Xayakaxa is always trying her hardest to get me to turn evil.”


Step #6 is Skills. I get to pick One Great Skill (+4), Two Good Skills (+3), Three Fair (+2), Four Average Skills (+1) -- and the rest get Mediocre (+0). The skills are the following: Academics, Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Empathy, Fight, Investigate, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Resources, Shoot, Stealth, and Will. Since our PC is Eldritch Abomination, I the Lore at Great. Next, I think Stealth and Will are our PC’s Good Skills.  For the PC’s Fair Skills: I’m going with Fight, Investigate, & Notice. The rest get Mediocre.


Step #7 is to get Refresh. Refresh is always 3 unless you have more than Three Stunts. I’m going with only one stunt for this PC which is the following:  “E.A.H: Become I am Eldritch Abomination, I can summon a strange alien creature to help me but only once per session.” 


Step #8 is to get the Stress Boxes. They are two kinds of stress. Most PCs start out with 3 boxes.  Since my PC’s Pyshique is Mediocre, I get three boxes. Become my Will is Good, I get six boxes


Step #9 is to get Consequences Slots. These are usually empty as that stop - and they are three types: Mild, Moderate, and Severe.


Step #10 is the Name. The name of the PC: Laxartavia the Traitor.


Step #11 is the Appearance. For Laxatavia: “When not around humans, she usually looks like someone put a bird, an elephant, a whale, a human, a snake into a blender, and Laxatavia was the outcome of that blended business. When around humans, Laxatavia takes the form of a tiny teenage girl with pink hair, green skin, and neon-orange eyes usually dressed in a white toga and sandals.”



...And I finished with Laxatavia -- and I did 31 characters - so I’m done with this Character Creation Business until 2022 -- Laxatavia’s full stats are below as usual: 


=FULL STATS=


Name:  Laxartavia the Traitor.


Appearance: When not around humans, she usually looks like someone put a bird, an elephant, a whale, a human, a snake into a blender, and Laxatavia was the outcome of that blended business. When around humans, Laxatavia takes the form of a tiny teenage girl with pink hair, green skin, and neon-orange eyes usually dressed in a white toga and sandals.


High Concept: A Good-Hearted Eldritch Abomination


Trouble: Causes Insanity In Human By Accident


Relationship: Dr. Hydranstien hates me for making his daughter insane.


Other Aspect #1: Culthuthu Loves Me 


Other Aspect #2: Xayakaxa is always trying her hardest to get me to turn evil.


Skills:

Academics: Mediocre

Athletics: Mediocre

Burglary: Mediocre
Contacts: Mediocre

Empathy: Mediocre

Fight: Fair
Investigate: Fair

Lore: Great
Notice: Fair

Physique: Mediocre
Provoke: Mediocre

Rapport: Mediocre

Resources: Mediocre
Shoot: Mediocre

Stealth: Good
Will: Good 


Refresh: 3


Stunts:


E.A.H: Become I am Eldritch Abomination, I can summon a strange alien creature to help me but only once per session.


Physical Stress: ⬜⬜⬜

Mental Stress: ⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜


Consequences:

Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:


No comments:

Post a Comment