Monday, January 3, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #3 = "All Flesh Must Be Eaten"

 “All Flesh Must Be Eaten” is a horror-themed tabletop roleplaying game where you play people facing down zombies. 


Step #1 is deciding on one of the three archetypes of the RPG. The three types are: Norm (normal people - like a cashier at a Bullseye store on Black Friday), Survivors (a little tougher people -- think a cowboy from a spaghetti western), and Inspired (people with supernatural abilities.)


Question #1: Which type is my PC: Normal? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 98. Exceptional No. My character is an Inspired one. Because my character gets the following: 20 points for Attributes; 10 points for Qualities -- and up to 10 points in Drawbacks; 25 points for skills & 15 points for Metaphysics -- though I must buy the Gift and Inspiration using Quality or Metaphysic points. 


Step #2 is the Attributes. In this game, we have the following six Attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Perception & Willpower. I have 20 points. 1 point for ability number 5 or lower -- cost is added to 3 points for anything past 6 or higher. The following is what I'm going for my PC with the math business in the brackets:


  • Strength of 3 (20 - 3 = 17)

  • Dexterity of 4 (17-4=13)

  • Constitution of 5 (13-5=8)

  • Intelligence of 2 (8-2=6)

  • Perception of 2 (6-2=4)

  • Willpower of 4 (4-4=0)


Step #3 is Life Points. Life Points is the following math business: ([Constitution+Strength]x4)+10=Life points. Let’s do some math!


5+3=8
8*4=32
32+10=42.....


42 is my PC’s Life Points.


Step #4 is Endurance Points. To find out that Endurance Points of a PC is to add Constitution, Strength, and Willpower -- times the results by 3 -- and then add 5 to that number. Let’s do some math!


8+3+4=15
15*3=45
45+5=50....


50 is my PC’s Endurance Points.


Step #5 is Speed -- which is sometimes called Move in other tabletop roleplaying games. Speed’s math problem is the following: (Constitution+Dexterity)x2. Let’s do some math!


5+4=9.

9*2=18....


18 is my PC’s Speed number.


Step #6 is my PC’s Essense Pool. That is the adding of the Primary Attributes. Later one, I can add more when I get a certain Quality. For now, let’s do some math


3 (Strength)+4(Dexterity)=7

7+8(Constitution)=15

15+2(Intelligence)=17
17+4(Perception)=21
21+4(Willpower)=25.....


..For now, 25 is my PC’s Essence Pool.


Step #7 is dealing with Qualities and Drawbacks. Qualities cost points while Drawbacks earn points. The following is what I did for my PC with the math business in the brackets. Since my PC is Inspired I got 10 businesses:


  • Artist Talent (Quality. 10-3=7)

  • Clown (Drawback. 7+1=8)

  • Fast Reaction Time. (Quality. 8-2=6.)

  • Paranoid (Drawback. 6+2=8)

  • Photographic Memory. (Quality. 8-2=6)

  • Reckless (Drawback. 6+2=8)

  • Situational Awareness (Quality. 8-2=6)

  • Gift (Supernatural Quality) -- and required for my Inspired PC. 6-5=1.)


Step #8 is Skills. Buying skills is similar to buying Attributes number earlier. Number costs equal to any number 5 or below. 6 or higher adds 3 points to the number. The following is what I buy for my PC - which I’m going to call Karren Brimstone. I got 25 points for Madam Brimstone’s skills -- the following is the skills I got her -- with the math cost in brackets:


  • Acting 2 (25-2=23)

  • Brawling 3 (23-3=20)

  • Cheating 2 (20-2=18)

  • Disguise 3 (18-3=15)

  • Pick Pocket 2 (15-2=13)

  • Seduction 3 (13-3=10)

  • Stealth 5 (10-5=5)



Step #9 is getting the Inspired business for Karren.


Step #10 is the resources that Madam Brimstone has before the world goes to Hades in a handbag -- this is a horror-themed game for Cthulhu's sake. I’m just going with a motorcycle for Madam Brimstone.


Step #11 is the name of the PC. I give my PC the name of Karren Brimstone before Step #8. 


Step #12 is Appearance. I’m going with the following: “Karren Brimstone is a normal-sized woman with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a pink yoga shirt, pink yoga pants, and pair of pink socks and pair of pink loafers.”


Step #13 is Age. I’m going with 30 for Karren...


..And Karren Brimstone is done, her full stats is below..... 



=AFMBE=


Name: “Karren Brimstone”


Appearance: Karren Brimstone is a normal-sized woman with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a pink yoga shirt, pink yoga pants, and pair of pink socks, and pair of pink loafers.


Age: 30


Archetype: Inspired


Attributes:

▢ Strength: 3
▢ Dexterity: 4
▢ Constitution: 8
▢ Intelligence: 2

▢ Perception: 4
▢ Willpower: 4


Qualities:

▢ Artist Talent
▢ Fast Reaction Time
▢ Photographic Memory
▢ Situational Awareness
▢ Gift


Drawbacks:
▢ Clown

▢ Paranoid

▢ Reckless 


Skills:

▢ Acting 2
▢ Brawling 3

▢ Cheating 2
▢ Disguise 3
▢ Pick Pocket 2

▢ Seduction 3
▢ Stealth 5

Metaphysics:

▢ Inspiration

Possession:

▢ Motorcycle


Life Points: 42


Endurance Points: 50


Speed: 18


Essence Pool: 25


=AFMBE=





2 comments: