Saturday, January 8, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #8 = "Dream Park: The Roleplaying Game"

 This time, we may be done with “Cartoon Action Hour” -- but we are not out of repeats from last year -- as this time around, the tabletop roleplaying game is “Dream Park: The Roleplaying Game” from R. Talsorian Game -- based on the “Dream Park” science fiction novels by Larry Niven and Steve Barnes. Last year, my character was the Loremaster, Aelita “Kimberly” Anderson. This time, I’m going with a Fighter.


Step #1 is the Player's Name. I’m going with Betty Bishop. 


Step #2 is the Game Points. This is usually a Zero for a new character. 


Step #3 is Character’s Name. I’m goin with Fei Ling. Fei Ling sounds like a good name for a Fighter Character.


Step #4 is the Character’s Profession. I had already decided on Fei’s profession being a Fighter.


Step #5 is Sex. Sex here is another word for “Gender” -- so you guys and girls get your mind out of the gutter. Sex is female for B.B.


Step #6 is the Age. I’m going with the following: “Young Adult”.


Step #7 is Out of Park Profession. I’m going with the following: “Military”. 


Step #8 is Motivation for B.B. I’m going with the following: “Honor”


Step #9 is Attitude and Traits. I’m going with the following: “Stable and Serious.”


Step #10 is Personal Attributes. I can get as much as I want as long as I take the same amount I take in Personal Attributes in Personal Problems. For B.B, I’m going with the following: “Enhanced Stamina” (2) & “Enhanced Awareness” (1). 2 + 1 = 3. 


For her Personal Problem, I’m going with the following: “Tag-A-Long” (3-1=2)& “Powerful Enemy” (2-2=0).


Step #11 is Goals for B.B. Step #11A is to figure out her Social Goal -- which is the following: “Get enough Game Points to become a Game Master.” Step #11B is to figure out her Professional Goal -- which is the following: “Become the President of the United States of America.” Step #12C is the Hobby Goal: “Find a way to banish Uncle Nigel from Dream Park”


Step #12 is getting the basic skills for a Fighter. Which are the following: Melee Weapon 4, Ranged Weapon 3, Hand to Hand 3, Knowledge 2, Tinkering 1, Dodge 2, Athletics 2, Stealth 1, Awareness 1, & Willpower 1.


Step #13 is to use my free 3 Game Points to modify the B.B.’s basic skills. I’m going to use 2 of them to increase Willpower - then I'm going to use the last one to increase Awareness.


Step #14 is to find out about the Character’s Wounds. Wounds are the following math problem: A roll of d6 + a certain number = Wounds. The math problem for a Fighter looks something like the following: 1d6+6=Wounds. The number that the 1d6 stopped after rolling is the following: 4+6=10. 10 is the Wounds for Fei.


Step #15 is the Options. The following are the Options I bought for Fei with the math business in brackets as usual:


  •  Battle Ax (Weapon. 20 - 6 = 14)

  •  Martial Arts 3 (Hard Fighter Skill. 3*3=9. 14 - 9 = 5.

  •  Persuasion & Fast Talk 5 (Easy Normal Skill. 1*5=5. 5-5=0.)


...and I’m done with Betty “Fei” Bishop - -and below is the full stats of B.B.:




=DREAM=


Player’s Name: Betty Bishop


Game Points: None.


Character’s Name: Fei Ling.


Character’s Profession: Fighter


Sex: Female


Age: Young Adult


Out of Park Profession: Military 


Motivation: Honor


Attribute & Traits: Stable and Serious


Personal Attributes: Enhanced Stamina & Enhanced Awareness


Personal Problems: “Tag-A-Long” & “Power Enemy”. 


Goals:

□ Social: Get enough Game Points to become a Game Master.
□ Professional: Become the President of the United States of America.
□ Hobby:  Find a way to banish Uncle Nigel from Dream Park.


Basic Skills:

□ Melee Weapon: 4
□ Ranged Weapon: 3
□ Hand to Hand: 3
□ Knowledge: 2
□ Tinkering: 1
□ Dodge: 2
□ Stealth: 1
□ Awareness: 2
□ Willpower: 3


Options:
□ Battle Ax (Weapon)
□ Martial Arts 3
□ Persuasion & Fast Talking 5



Wounds: 10




=PARK=-


No comments:

Post a Comment