ICONS RPG - Rorek the Ice Elf’s Opposite: Fryika
Since Rex Mundi is one of another one of ICON’s masterminds, I’m going to the next villain, Rorek the Ice Elf. Since he’s a Frost Giant of Norse myth, I have to use Rorek is Unearthly.
Role Roll: 8 = Opposite: The villain has the same Origin as the hero. Do not roll the villain’s powers. Instead, assign the villain the same number of powers as the hero,
but choose “opposing” powers. So if the hero has Elemental Control (Fire), for
example, the villain could have Elemental Control (Cold) or (Water). The creating
player gets to interpret “opposite” with the GM’s approval.
Ok. That means we our hero is Unearthly. Let’s list the powers of Rorek: Cold Control, Dimensional Travel, Immunity to Cold, Strike Device & Super Senses. That’s 5 powers, but before I work on the opposite powers, I’m going with roll for the six attributes. But first the bonus for Unearthly: Increase two of the character’s abilities (your choice) by +2.
- Prowess: 5 = 4
- Coordination: 3 = 2
- Strength: 9 = 6
- Intellect: 8 = 5
- Awareness: 9 = 6
- Willpower: 6 = 5
I decide to wait until I figure out the powers before deciding on where I’m going to use the two +2 on. Let’s do some math
4 + 2 = 6
6 + 5 = 11
6 + 5 = 11
11 + 11 = 22
22 + 6 = 28
28 > 20. We are good to move on..
Let’s re list the powers: Cold Control, Dimensional Travel, Immunity to Cold, Strike Device & Super Senses.
- Power #1: I’m going with Fire Control at the same level as Rorek has it.
- Power #2: I’m going with Dimensional Travel as the same level as Rorek has it.
- Power #3: Immunity to Heat that is automatic 10.
- Power #4: A Fire Hammer (Strike Device) at the same level as Rorek’s ice sword.
- Power #5: Super-Senses -- Magic, Light to go with same level as Rorek’s super senses.
Getting bore of hunting through the fire deities on Wikipedia. I decide to make a fictional goddess. Fryika
Appearance is the following: Fryika appears a tall woman with red hair and red eye dressed in a red blouse, a long red dress, and some red combat boots.
Background is as followed: n another dimensional, Fryika was the fire god for much of the dinosaurs and follow them -- their human descents. On day, a meteorite destroyed that Earth completely.. Fryika was picked by her follow deities in go through the multiverse to find another Earth. She come to ICON’s main universe after a few non-Earth universes and start fighting crime.
Forget about these.
# of Specialities: 6 = 2 Specialities. I picking Power (Fire Control) & Power (Dimensional Travel) as her specialities.
Ok. Time to find out which one gets the +2 to it. See the following table for rolls and what they stand for...
I can roll twice. Let’s find out the two numbers.
4 = Intellect & 6 = Willpower. Both are 5 right now, so that turns them into 7. 7 + 7 = 14. 14 is Fryika’s Stamina.
Determination Points Math Time: 6 = 2 (For the two attributes over 7) = 4 - 5 (For the powers) = -1 < 0. We do have a minimum of 1 Determination Points.
Qualities are: “Calm” & “Long fuse”
Challenge is: “No Secret Identity”
We are done here....
- Name: Fryika
- Origin: Unearthly
- Prowess: 4
- Coordination: 2
- Strength: 6
- Intellect: 7
- Awareness: 6
- Willpower: 7
- Fire Control - Attacking, Creating, Defending, Moving, Shaping: 7
- Dimensional Travel: 8
- Immunity to Heat: 10
- Fire Hammer (Strike Device): 7
- Super Senses -- Magic, Light: 2
- Power: Fire Control
- Power: Dimensional Travel
- Stamina: 14
- Determination Points: 1
- Appearance: Fryika appears a tall woman with red hair and red eye dressed in a red blouse, a long red dress, and some red combat boots.
- Background: In another dimensional, Fryika was the fire god for much of the dinosaurs and follow them -- their human descents. On day, a meteorite destroyed that Earth completely.. Fryika was picked by her follow deities in go through the multiverse to find another Earth. She come to ICON’s main universe after a few non-Earth universes and start fighting crime.
- “Long Fuse”
- No Secret Identity
- First Appearance: Fryika #1