Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CAH/MGE: Shella, the "Ladies of Might" character



Before I began to make my character: I will be following the CAH:S2 rule book like glue. Normal routes. 1 is Flub (Critical Failure) while 12 is Boon (Helping Hand).


The following is the "Ladies of Might's Series PC Guidelines":


Proof of Purchase Points: PCs are created with 30 PoPPs
Maximum Trait Rating (Regular Feature): 10
Maximum Trait Rating (Action Feature): 14
Miscellaneous:  
* PCs must be a females
* PCs must be a member of the Council of Might
* PCs must be have a Item of Virtue (mirror, wand, sword, hairbrush, comb, etc.). This is a major focal point of the character and should tie into her theme if she has one. It's up to you to decide what the item does.
* There are no computers in the series. While it does feature robots, gadgets, vehicles, and other technological doodads, actual computers have not been created.
* Thematic characters are appropriate, but aren't required. To theme a character, simply choose an animal, object, material, or whatever else you’d like, and base your character’s identity off of it.

Following the jump cut is my character as well as my thought progress:




List of Possible Items of Virtual


  • sword
  • locket
  • mirror
  • bracelet 
  • hairbush
  • mirror
  • shield
  • mace
  • ax
  • anklet
  • necklace
  • ring
  • wand
  • dagger
  • paintbrush


I had a character used a magic paintbush in a regular "Warrior of Cosmos" world. So that out of the picture. I decide a ring. Since I'm a mermaid mood, I decide to make a mermaid. For silliness I call her Shella.

Player is of course, me, Dr. Thinker. We know that she is member of the Council of Might."

Shella's appearance: A purple haired mermaid with long brown hair, yellow eyes and a long pink tail usually dressed in a purple blouse and her Item of Virtue, the ring.

Factoids time: "Loves to say saying with fish or other sea animals", "has many stories of the eight seas of Iconia", "found her ring in a empty Krab People egg- cavern."

Subplots. Well only one. my usual one for mermaids -- Physical Flaws (no legs)

Now Traits:

Let's start off with the Peace Ring. It decide it's a ring that is a Peace Ring. The Peace Ring allows her to animals to sleep. It won't work on any of Iconia's humanoids. For it's cost, I'm going with 7. With two  bonus and two restrictions as follow. The ring appears to a pearl-white ring with a purple P in the middle.


  • Bonus = Enhancer
  • Bonus = Advantage ( Works on all of Iconia's animal lifeforms.)
  • Restrictions = Disadvantage (Doesn't work on any of Iconia's humanoids lifeforms)
  • Restrictions = Accessory (a ring can be stolen)
My next two traits are common in mermaid fictions as usual are consider regular traits: Swimming and Singing. I decide to give them a four. 

Next, I think about her long tail, but I decide that that only happens if the writers paint themselves in a corner (I.E. Either I use Creative Control or roll up a Continuity Error on the player's Commercial Break Table.) 

Next is Agility which I decide is at a 2. That half of her Swimming ability. Think I subject 4 for to make the OOMPH 3 instead of a  2. That means Shella gets a threshold of 11.

Next is Smarts, which I make that a 3

I consider this done. All is left is to work on add in her Battling Rating and this post is done. That is a 7 to match her Peace Ring's trait number. The full character sheet is below.

======



FULL CHARACTER SHEET BELOW!!!!!

Name: Shella
Player: Dr. Thinker
Series: "Ladies of Might"
Group Affiliation: "Council of Might"
Appearance:  A purple haired mermaid with long brown hair, yellow eyes and a long pink tail usually dressed in a purple blouse and her Item of Virtue, the Peace Ring. The Peace Ring appears to be a pearl-white ring with a purple P in the middle
Factoids: "Loves to say saying with fish or other sea animals", "has many stories of the eight seas of Iconia", "found her ring in a empty Krab People egg- cavern."
Subplots:
* Physical Flaws [No legs]
Traits:
* Peace Ring 7 [Enhancer +4, Advantage: Works on all of Iconia's animal lifeforms, Disadvantage: Doesn't work on any of Iconia's humanoids lifeforms, Accessory
* Swimming 4
* Singing 4
* Agility 2
* Smarts 3
Stats:
* Oomph: 4
* Threshold: 11
* Battling Rating: 7

===








No comments:

Post a Comment