Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #10 = "Duengons & Dragons -- 5th Edition"

 

We are still in “Repeatville” with our next game -- the fantasy tabletop game that doesn’t need an introduction. That game is the zillion-pound dragon of the tabletop roleplaying game industry - and is known as “Dungeons and Dragons”. I will be using the 5th edition -- and to help me out I am using D&D Beyond’s Character Creation.


I will start with the standard business. Next, I need to have a name for my PC. Question #1: Does my character’s name start with A? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 78. Question #2: B? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 15. I think I’m going with Boss -- as my character name. And I had decided not to mess with the other settings of the B.C.C. 


Boss sounds like a Tiefling if you ask me. So that is going to be my race here. That gives my character the following: Darkvision, strength against fire, and thaumaturgy cantrip. 


Boss also sounds like someone that uses magic. Question #3: Cleric? My View; 50/50. Mythic View: 32. Yes.  Question #4: Should I get another class? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 99. Outrageous No. Since I’m creating characters -- I’m skipping all Random Events. 


As for the two skills, I’m giving the following: History & Medicine. I can only take Life Dominion for now. I think I’m going with honest rolls here -- and these are the rolls done by D&D Beyond instead of my usual site of Rolz.org. I got the following from rolls here: 13, 14, 11, 12, 13, & 12. I put 11 into Strength and 14 in Charisma, the Tiiefling’s magic power ability.  Now, I put one of the 13 in the Constitution and the other 13 in Intellect. For the two 12 -- they go into Dexterity and Wisdom. 


For background, I’m going with Acolyte. For languages, I’m going with Celestial and Abyssal. I going to let D&D Beyond pick them - and you can find what they picked in the character sheet will be below once I am finished with the character.


For Alignment, I’m going with Lawful Neutral. For Lifestyle, I’m going with Modest. For Faith, I’m going with Eris, the Goddess of Willpower and Mystery.


For hair, I’m going with pink here. For skin, I’m going with purple. For eyes, I’m going with yellow. For height, I’m going with 8 ft. here.  For weight, I’m going with 180 pounds. For age in years, I’m going with 25 years.  For gender, I’m going with Boss being a female.


For her equipment, I’m picking the following: a mace, leather armor, a light crossbow with 20 arrows, a priest’s backpack, a shield, a priest’s backpack, holy symbol, an amulet, a prayer book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes and a pouch containing 15 gold pieces.

For background, check the character sheet that is below this paragraph. 


=D&D=




No comments:

Post a Comment