Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #25 = “Cyberpunk Red”:

 

“Cyberpunk Red” is the latest edition of “Cyberpunk” tabletop roleplaying game from R. Talsorian Games -- the same tabletop roleplaying game company behind “Dream Park” and “Teenagers From Outer Space” tabletop roleplaying games. Though some tabletop roleplaying gamers think “Dream Park” can fit in the “Cyberpunk” genre.

I’m going with Edgerunner business for my PC -- so I don’t take until January 3030 to do this character.


Step #1 is to pick a role for my PC. This is where Mythic comes in. Question #1: Is my PC a Rockerboy? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 8. Outrageous Yes. That gives my PC the Charmistic Impact at 4.

Step #2 is to run a Lifepath. I had both do a regular path and one role path for my PC.  The first business is to roll a 1d10 on the Cultural Origin to decide which region of Earth my PC was born to. The dice roll of the d10 gives me the following number: 9. 9 means the following: East Asian. Japanese is in that business -- and lots of cyberpunk media make Japanese the rulers of the world. I’m going with Japanese. The second business is to roll a d10 to find my PC’s personality. The number the dice give me after it stops rolling this time around is the following: 6. 6 means the following for personality: Stable and serious. The third and fourth businesses are rolling a d10 for both dress and hair. The fourth dice roll gives me the following number: 9. That 9 means the following for Dress. The fifth dice roll gives me the following number: 10. The means the following for Hair: Long and straight The sixth business is Affectation You Are Never Without with another roll of the d10. The dice roll gives me the following number this time around is the number that is known as 5. That 5 means the following: Nose rings. The ninth and tenth business is for Motivation and Relationships. The number for the ninth dice roll is the following: 5. That 5 means Knowledge. The number for the tenth dice roll is the following: 6. That 6 means the PC believes everyone is a valuable individual. The eleventh business is to find what person my PC is the V.I.P. in their life. The number for the eleventh dice roll is the following: 3. The means the following: A lover. The twelfth business is to figure out the V.I.I. or Very Important Item. The twelfth dice roll’s number is the following: 9. That 9 means the following: A toy. The thirteenth business is finding originally family business. The number for the thirteenth dice roll is the following: 7. 7 means the following: Urban Homeless...



...I have been doing dice rolls -- but I can pick and choose what I want for my character. For Childhood  Environment, I’m going to with the following: “Ran on The Street, with no adult supervision.”. For Your Family Crisis, I’m going back to rolling the dice. This dice roll’s number is the following: 9. That number means the following:  “Your family is cursed with a hereditary feud

that has lasted for generations.”


Next, it’s time to see how many friends my PC has in this cuckoo cyberpunk world. To do I have to roll a d10 and subject 7. The number that the dice roll gives to me is the following: 6 - 7 = -1. The minimum is 0. I have the same math business for enemies that I did for friends. The number that the dice roll gives this go-around is the following: 1 - 7 = -6. No enemies for my PC. Now it’s time to deal with ex-lovers. The third verse is the same as the first verse. The number that dice roll gives me for this business is the following: 2. 2 - 7 = -5. No ex-lovers.


Ok. Now it’s time to roll up the Life Goal. That is done by rolling 1d10 or choosing one. I’m going with dice rolling.  7 is the number I got from the dice rolling -- and that means the following: “Get what's rightfully yours.”


OK. What kind of Rockerboy is my PC? I’m going to roll the d10 again for this one -- and the number I got is the following: 7 = Politico. Now, I need to ask if I’m solo or in a group. And that question is for Mythic. Question #2: Group? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 96. No. Outrageous No. Question #3: Was my PC in a group? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 45. Yes. Now I roll to find out the reason why my PC leave the group. The number that the dice roll gives is the following: 10. That means my PC decides to go solo. The next business is to find where my PC performs. This is going to a roll of a d6. The dice roll of the d6 gives me the following: 2. That 2 means the following: Private Clubs. Now, it’s time to decide who is gunning for me. That is another roll of a d6. This time around the d6 gives me the following number: 2. That 2 means the following: Rival group or artist trying to steal market share.


Now it’s time for the 10 stats for this game -- which are the following: Intelligence, Willpower, Cool, Empathy, Technique, Reflexes, Luck, Body, Dexterity, and Movement. Since I’m going with Edgeroller, I roll a d10 for each one of my stats one by one. Since my PC is Rockerboy, I’m using the first table on page 74 of the “Cyberpunk” rulebook. The following is my dice roll business-like for the stats:


  • Intelligence’s Roll: 2. 2 = 3

  • Willpower’s Roll: 3. 3 = 6.

  • Cool’s Roll: 4. 4 = 6.

  • Empathy’s Roll: 7. 7 = 6.

  • Technique’s Roll: 8. 8 = 5.

  • Reflexes’s Roll: 4. 4 = 5.

  • Luck’s Roll: 7. 7 = 7.

  • Body’s Roll: 3. 3 = 5

  • Dexterity’s Roll: 3 = 7.

  • Movement’s Roll: 2 = 7



Now it’s time to do Hit Points. That using a table on Page 79 of the rulebook. My PC’s Willpower is 6 while m PC’s Will Body is 5. So my PC’s Hit Points total is 40. My Serious Wounded Wound Threshold is half of my Hit Points. That is 20. My Death Save is 5 as Death Save is equal to my PC’s Body stats. 


Humanity is 10 per each point of Empathy that the PC has. In the case of my PC, my PC’s Empathy is 6. 6*10= 60.


After getting the “Urban Homeless Language” for my PC, I have 86 points to sell for my PCs -- but no PCs can be lower than 2 or higher than 6. The following is what I give my PC -- which I’m going with the name of Princess Cassandra.


The following is what I brought for Princess Cassandra with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Athletics of 3 (86 - 3 = 83)

  • Brawling of 3 (83 - 3 = 80)

  • Stealth of 5 (80 - 5 = 75)

  • Persuasion of 5 (75 - 5 = 70)

  • Streetwise of 4. (70 - 4 = 66)

  • Streetslang Language of 5. (66 - 5 = 61)

  • Human Perception of 6 (61 - 5 = 56)

  • Handgun of 2 (56 - 2 = 54)

  • Melee Weapon of 4 (54 - 4 = 50.)


I think I finished with Cassandra’s skills. The fictional Game Master is going to give the PCs weapons and items depending on my character and the other three fictional tabletop roleplaying gamers’ character roles: 


Lifestyle is the following: Cargo Container with a Kibble Lifestyle.


The fictional Game Master considers cyberwars -- part of the weapons and time business, and will do it later when the group gets together.


And with that, I am finished with Princess Cassandra -- Princess Cassandra’s full stats is waiting for you below this paragraph. 



=CYBERPUNK=


Name: Princess Cassandra


Role: Rockerboy


Stats:

▢ Intelligence: 3

▢ Willpower: 6

▢ Cool: 6

▢ Empathy: 6

▢ Technique: 5

▢ Reflexes: 5

▢ Luck: 7

▢ Body: 5

▢ Dexterity: 7

▢ Movement: 7


Hit Points: 40

Serious Wounded Wound Threshold: 20

Death Save: 5

Humanity: 60


Skills: 

▢ Urban Homeless Language: 4

▢ Athletics: 3

▢ Brawling: 3

▢ Stealth: 5

▢ Persuasion: 5

▢ Streetwise: 4

▢ Streetslang Language: 6

▢ Human Perception: 6

▢ Handgun: 2



Role Ability: 

▢ Charismatic Impact 4


Cultural Origin: Japanese

Your Personality: Stable and serious
Dress: Nomad Leathers (Western, Rugged, Tribal)
Hair: Long and straight
Affectation You Are Never Without: Nose rings

What Do You Value the Most: Knowledge.

How Do You Feel About People? Every person is a valuable individual.

Most Valued Person in Your Life? A lover

Most Valued Possession You Own? A toy


Original Family Background: Urban Homeless

Childhood Environment: Ran on The Street, with no adult supervision.

Family Crisis: Your family is cursed with a hereditary feud

that has lasted for generations.
Life Goals: Get what's rightfully yours.


Rockerboy Type: Politico.

Solo/Group: Solo
Was In A Group? Yes.
Why Did I Leave? You decided to go solo.

Where Do You Perform? Private Clubs.
Who’s Gunning For Me? Rival group or artist trying to steal market share.


Lifestyle: Cargo Container with a Kibble Lifestyle





=RED=

No comments:

Post a Comment