Saturday, January 21, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #21 = “Mutants and Masterminds - Third Edition”

 


Our next for this business is the 3rd edition of  “Mutants and Masterminds”. And since I don’t want to spend all day on this superhero business -- I’m going to use the Random business in the Game Master’s Kit file.


Step #1 is rolling the archetype of my PC. To do that I need to roll a d20. Classic tabletop roleplaying dice. 17 is the number that the d20 gives me. That 17 gives me the following: Totem. The following is what the file has to remark on Totem:  “The Totem is a superhero whose powers are closely tied to a particular animal. The Totem may have acquired its powers through an accident of science, an invocation of the animal spirits, or may even be an exceptional, self-aware animal. Totem heroes tend to be as varied as the animals they represent, and they can resemble other archetypes such as the Martial Artist, Warrior, and Powerhouse.” 


Step #2 is to roll up Abilities for my PC by doing another roll of the d20. The number I get from the d20 is the following: 11. 11 means my character is Invocation. That means the following: “You were granted your powers by calling upon the animal spirits.” I get the following abilities according to the file: 




Now it’s time for some Advantages -- and I get that in Step #3 -- by rolling a d20. This time the number I get from the d20 is the following: 15. That means I like to catch and hold my foes like a certain marvelous web-shooting hero. I get the following according to the file: 



Step #4 is to roll up Behavior Adventures -- and it’s still a d20. I get the following number from the d20: 13. That means my hero is one sneaky son of a supervillain.  I get the following according to the file: 



Step #6 is to roll on the Animal Skill business -- and it’s still a d20. 16 is the number I got from the dice -- and that is wise and I get the following: 



Step #7 is to roll on the Human Skill business and it’s a d20 as well. I get the following number from the d20: 4. That means my character is athletic -- and get the following: 




Step 6 is to roll up the Totem Type. I’m hoping for either a snake or a spider -- but I still required the d20. 18 is the number I got -- and I’m in the reptile business. I start with getting the following powers:


Now, I have to roll a d20 for the next business -- and the number I get is the following: 17. Holy smokes, I got what I was hoping for -- a snake. I get the following powers: 




Step #7 is to get my Defense which is the following according to the file:



Step #8 is the time to name my PC. I’m going with Medusa here.


Step #9 is Identity. I’m going with Michelle Duzzazzi.


Step #10 is the make the decision on whether identity is secret or public. I’m going with Sercet.


Step #11 is the Gender -- and that is female.


Step #12 is the Age. I’m going with 30. If it worked for the Silver Age version of Superman -- it works for me.


Step #13 is Height. I’m going with 6 ft. even.


Step #14 is Weight: I’m going with 180 lbs.


Step #15 is Hair. I’m going with neon red.


Step #16 is Eyes. I’m going with neon yellow.


Step #17 is Grop Affiation. I’m going with NA until she joins up with a group of other heroes.


Step #18 is the Base of Operation. They are two main cities in the 3rd edition -- Emerald City and Freedom City. Question #1: Emerald City for Medusa? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 25. Yes.


Step #19 is to move the Power Points of the Totem on page 40 to the character sheet.  The following is what I have to move:


Step #20 is Complications. I’m going with the following:


  •  Enemy: Mongoose  (A mongoose is a snake’s enemy)

  •  Temper  (My PC has a temper)

  •  Quirk (Always worship the Greek gods and goddesses)


Step #21 is the background -- which I go with the following: “The story of Medusa began to like the myths that people like to tell -- a priest of Athena, who did the wild thing with Posideon when he asks Medusa to do so, and after a heated argument over Athena on what Posideon did to her --  Athena had Nemesis, the Goddess of Revenge,  turn her into a monster. Still a monster, she did worship the gods and goddesses - though it was for the animals of Greece. Not happy with this event, Eris, the Goddess of Trouble, in the disguise of Athena -- helped Perseus kill Medusa. 


Harmony feels sorry for Medusa -- uses her magic to make a clone of Medusa’s head -- and went to see Persphone. Persephone turned Medusa into a human -- and told her that on her 13th lives before she will get superpowers related to the snakes that she had in monster form.


Medusa usually gets a clue or three in her life number around the age of 7. In the late 1990s, long after Omega’s Terminal Invasion -- and the death of the Centurion -- she got a truck of clues that she was on her 13 life -- with the biggest being a “Scooby-Doo”  Direct-To-Video movie in which someone faked Medusa. She called on Persphone -- and Persphone give her snake-them superpower as well as a suit that was a mixture of the following: a tunic, a spy’s catsuit, and superhero spandex. So Michelle decides to work for a book publisher while Medusa fights crime in Freedom City.”


And I think I am finished with this character -- below this paragraph is Medusa’s full stats.



=M&M=


Name: Medusa.

Identity Michelle Duzzazzi (Sercet)

Gender: Female

Age: 30

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 180 lbs.

Hair: Neon Red

Eyes: Neon Yellow

Group Affiliation: N/A

Base of Operation: Freedom City


Power Points:

▢ Abilities: 44

▢ Skills: 20

▢ Powers: 60

▢ Defenses: 20

▢ Advantages: 6

▢ Total: 150




Archetype: Totem


Abilities:

▢ Strength: 4

▢ Stamina: 4

▢ Agility: 2

▢ Dexterity: 2 

▢ Fighting: 4

▢ Intellect: 0

▢ Awareness: 4

▢ Presence: 2


Defenses: 

▢ Dodge: 6

▢ Parry: 4

▢ Fortitude: 4

▢ Toughness: 0

▢ Will: 6




Advantages:
▢ Chokehold

▢ Improved Grab

▢ Improved Hold

▢ Evasion

▢ Hide in Plain Sight

▢ Improved Initiative.


Skills:

▢ Insight 8

▢ Perception 8

▢ Treatment 4

▢ Acrobatic 6

▢ Athletics 4

▢ Intimidation 6

▢ Perception 4


Powers:

▢ Reptilian Movement: Movement 1 (Slithering) [2 Points]

▢ Reptilian Senses: Senses 4 (Acute and Accurate Smell, Infravision) [4 points]

▢ Scaly Hide: Protection 6, Impervious 10 [16 points]

▢ Tensile Strength: Elongation 4, Enhanced Strength 6 [16 points]

▢ Venomous Bite: Weaken Physical Abilities 10 (Resisted by Fortitude), Accurate 2, Broad [22 Points]


Complications:

▢ Enemy (Mongoose)

▢ Temper

▢ Quirk (Always worship the Greek gods and goddesses)


Back: The story of Medusa began to like the myths that people like to tell -- a priest of Athena, who did the wild thing with Posideon when he asks Medusa to do so, and after a heated argument over Athena on what Posideon did to her --  Athena had Nemesis, the Goddess of Revenge,  turn her into a monster. Still a monster, she did worship the gods and goddesses - though it was for the animals of Greece. Not happy with this event, Eris, the Goddess of Trouble, in the disguise of Athena -- helped Perseus kill Medusa. 


Harmony feels sorry for Medusa -- uses her magic to make a clone of Medusa’s head -- and went to see Persphone. Persephone turned Medusa into a human -- and told her that on her 13th lives before she will get superpowers related to the snakes that she had in monster form.


Medusa usually gets a clue or three in her life number around the age of 7. In the late 1990s, long after Omega’s Terminal Invasion -- and the death of the Centurion -- she got a truck of clues that she was on her 13 life -- with the biggest being a “Scooby-Doo”  Direct-To-Video movie in which someone faked Medusa. She called on Persphone -- and Persphone give her snake-them superpower as well as a suit that was a mixture of the following: a tunic, a spy’s catsuit, and superhero spandex. So Michelle decides to work for a book publisher while Medusa fights crime in Freedom City.


=M&M=




No comments:

Post a Comment