Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #18 = “Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game”

 

Usually, I don’t do the same genre again -- but I want to do another superhero game. In this case, the game is “Sentinel Comic”.


Step #1 is to roll up a background for my PC. To do so I need to roll two d10s. I get the following from my dice: 5 & 6. That gives the following choices:


  • 5: Unremarkable.

  • 6: Law Enforcement

  • 5+6=11: Retired.


I thought I did Unremarkable last year -- but that was one of my choices from last year -- but I went with Upper Class for my PC last year. The following screenshot shows what I got for picking Unremarkable:


For the dice assigning, I’m going with the second and third ones. For Mental, I’m going with Alertness. For the Social, I’m going with Insight.


Step #2 is to roll the d10, d8, and d6 for the Power Source business. The following is what I got from my dice: d10 = 2; d8 = 1, & d6 = 6. The following are my choices:


  • 1: Accident 

  • 2: Training

  • 1+2=3: Genetic

  • 6: Nature

  • 6+1=7: Relic

  • 6+2=8: Power Suit

  • 6+1=7+2=9: Radiation 


I’m going with Nature business as I’m actually writing this business in December a.k.a. Santa’s Big Month a.k.a. Christmas time. The following screenshot shows what’s up with Nature in this game. 




For d10, the power pick-up is Swimming. For the d8, I’m going with Shapeshifting. For the d6, I’m going with Animal Control.  


Next, I can pick two Yellow Zone Abilities for my PC. I take the Call of Wild as my first -- and rename Siren Yell. The next, I take Wild Strength as my second -- and renaming Muscle Muscles. 


Next, I can pick one Green Zone Ability for my PC. I’m going with Nature Weapon --and renaming it Mermaid Tail here. The power that is ability uses is Swimming. 


Step #3 is to roll up the Archetype using one d10 and two d8. The dice give me the following numbers this time around:  3, 7 & 7. The following are my choices for this one:


  • 3: Physical Powerhouse

  • 7: Armored

  • 3+7=10: Robot/Cyborg

  • 7+7=14: Minion-Maker

  • 3+7=10+7=17: Gadgeteer


Out of my choice, I think Physical Powerhouse works for me. The following screenshot is what I need to do for this business:




I give Strength the d10. I make the Signature Weapon a Trident --and give her d8. For the last d8, I will give it to Finesse. 



Now, I need to pick two Green Zone abilities. For the first one, I’m going with Damage Resistant -- and renamed it to the following: Fish Scales. For the second one, I’m going with Power Strike -- and renamed it to the following: “Tail Storm”. This one gets Strength business for its power business.

I get to take one of my Green Zone Abilities as one of my Red Zone. I’m going with Strength in Victory -- and remarking name in “Mermaid Music”. I’m going with Shapeshifting for this business.


Step #4 is to roll up the personality for my PC by using 2 d10s. The two d10 give me the following numbers: 4 & 8.  The following are my choices for my PCs.


  • 4: Mischievous 

  • 8:Fast Talking

  • 4+8=12: Nurturing.


I think Mischievous fit my character better than anything else. The following screenshots show up what's up with this business: 



I put my character’s Out Ability on the stats-- using Shapeshifting as it. Next, I’m time for my stats dice. Now it’s time to puzzle out a background for my PC which is the following: “For a long time, Francis Gordon considered herself a normal human in the city known as Maid Beach, Florida. But when she turned 16 years old -- when her mermaid tail popped out for the first time, she learned from Persphone that all of Maid Beach was home to all of the mermaids. Tired of the calm boring of Maid Beach, Florida, she headed to Megalopolis, Connecticut -- and become the hero named Medusa.”


For her specialty quality, I’m going with Jokes. That gets a d8. 


Step #5 is to get two Red Abilities -- but it must be for powers or qualities I have on my character’s sheet. For my first one, I’m going to take the following: “Push Your Limit” -- and renamed it to the following: “Ocean’s Revenge” For my second one, I’m going with the following: “Untouchable Movement” -- and renaming it to the following “Eel Business”. This one uses the “Swimming” business,


Step #6 is dealing with the Principales business. E comes become I in the directory -- so my Expertise Principal business is first. I’m going with the Principle of the Indestructible. Next, is the Identity Prinicipal business, I’m going with the Principle of Levity here. 


Step #7 is Retcon. I don’t think Medusa needs a retcon.


Step #8 is a math business for my health business. I need the following: 


  • The number that is known as 8.

  • The maximum value of my Red  Status Dice

  • The maximum value of one of my Athletic or Mental quality

  • A roll of d8 or the number known as 4.


8+8=16

16+10 (Swimming)=26

26+2=28.


Ok. Check the full stats for the Health business of Medusa.


Step #9 is the name of the PC. That is Medusa.


Step #10 is the Alias. That is Francis Gordon. 


Step #11 is Gender. That is female


Step #12 is Age. I’m going with 16 for her.


Step #13 is Height. I’m going with 8 ft.


Step #14 is Eye. I’m going with Blue


Step #15 is Hair. I’m going with Blonde


Step #16 is Skin. I’m going with Purple.


Step #17 is Build. I’m going with Strongwoman.


Step #18 is Costume/Equipment. I’m going with the following: “When not shapeshifting in another form, Medusa usually wears a white toga with a hole for her tail. When she is in this form, she is rarely seen without her trident.”


And I am finally finished with Medusa -- below this paragraph -- the full stats of Medusa is waiting for you.





=SENTINEL=


Name: Medusa
Alias: Francis Gordon

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Height: 8 ft.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Skin: Purple

Build: Strongwoman

Costume/Equipment: “When not shapeshifting in another form, Medusa usually wears a white toga with a hole for her tail. When she is in this form, she is rarely seen without her trident.




Background: Unremarkable

Power Source: Nature

Archetype: Physical Powerhouse

Personality: Mischievous 


Health:

▢ Green Zone: 28-22

▢ Yellow Zone: 21-11

▢ Red Zone: 10-1



Stats Dice:

▢ Green Zone: d6

▢ Yellow Zone: d8

▢ Red Zone: d8


Qualities:

▢ Alertness: d10

▢ Insight: d8

▢ Finesse: d8

▢ Jokes: d8


Powers:

▢ Swimming: d10

▢ Shapeshifting: d8
▢ Animal Control: d6

▢ Strength: d10

▢ Trident (Signature Weapon): d8


Principles:

▢ The Principle of Levity (During Roleplaying: You keep your positive outlook even when all hope is lost. Your spirit is nearly impossible to break. Minor Twist: Who did you offend by making light at the wrong time? Major Twist: What has occurred to finally break your good spirits?) 

▢ The Principle of The Indestructible (During Roleplaying: You ignore damage from unpowered close-combat weapons and attacks, such as clubs and non-powered fists, or basic ranged attacks, such as slings and arrows. Minor Twist: What goes wrong with your defenses? Major Twist: Who gets hurt other than you as a result of you not being able to take damage?)


Abilities:


Green Zone:



Icon 

Name

Type 

Game Text

Principle of Levity

A

Overcome a dire situation where your jokes prevent

demoralization and use your Max die. You and each of your allies gain a hero point.

Principle of the Indestructible

A

Overcome in a situation where you charge headlong into danger

and use your Max die. You and each of your allies gain a hero point.

*

Mermaid Tail

A

Attack using Swimming. Use your Max dice.


Fish Scales

Reduce any physical or energy damage you take by 1 while you are in the Green zone, 2 while in the Yellow zone, and 3 while in the Red zone.

*

Tail Storm

A

Attack using Strength and use your Max die.




Yellow Zone:



Icon 

Name

Type 

Game Text


Siren Yell

A

Give a d8 minion. It takes a turn before yours, but it goes away after the 

Muscle Muscles

R

When you defeat a minion, roll that minion’s die and Boost yourself using that roll to create a bonus for your next action.

+

Mermaid Music

R

When you eliminate a minion with an Attack using [Shapeshifting], Recover Health equal to your Min die.



Red Zone:



Icon 

Name

Type 

Game Text


Ocean’s Revenge

I

You have no limit on amount of Reactions you can take. Each

time you use a Reaction after the first one each turn, take 1 irreducible damage or take a minor twist.

Eel Business

A

Boost yourself using Swimming. Use your Max+Min dice. Then, you may end up anywhere else in the scene, avoiding any dangers between your starting and ending locations.



Out Ability: Hinder an opponent by rolling your single Shapeshifter die.


Background: For a long time, Francis Gordon considered herself a normal human in the city known as Maid Beach, Florida. But when she turned 16 years old -- when her mermaid tail popped out for the first time, she learned from Persphone that all of Maid Beach was home to all of the mermaids. Tired of the calm boring of Maid Beach, Florida, she headed to Megalopolis, Connecticut -- and become the hero named Medusa.


=COMICS=

No comments:

Post a Comment