Thursday, January 19, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #19 = “Timewatch”

 

"Timewatch" is a game about time cops that runs on the GUMSHOE engine.

Step #1 is to decide on a job for my PC. I think I’m going with an actress. This actress is from Hollywood, California in the 1920s. In the real world, they had been a lot of unsolved murders whose victims were actresses from the 1910s to the start of World War II. 


Step #2 is to pick my Investigative Abilities. If I have one of these abilities, I can pick any clue that Game Master left in the scene. I’m assuming our fictional Game Master is doing a game for 4 people -- that gives me 18 points for Investigative Abilities. The following is what I brought for my PC with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Timecraft 1 [Freebie]

  • Charm 2 [18 - 2 = 16]

  • History (Contemporary) 2 [16 - 2 = 14]

  • Notice 1 (14 - 1 = 13)

  • Streetwise 2 (13 - 2 = 11)

  • Trivia 1 (11 - 1 = 10)

  • Research 2 (10 - 2 = 8)

  • Anthropology 2 (8 - 2 = 6)

  • High Society 2 (6 - 2 = 4)


Even if I have 4 points left, I think I am finished with this business.  


Step #3 is to pick my General Abilities. I get 50 points to pick them -- with free 6s in both Health and Chronoal Stability -- the following is what I pick for my character with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Athletics 8 (50 - 8 = 42) 

  • Disguise 6 (42 - 6 = 36)

  • Shooting 5 (36 - 5 = 31)

  • Scuffling 5 (31 - 5 = 26)

  • Unobtrusiveness 4 (26 - 4 = 22)

  • Reality Anchor 5 (22 - 5 = 17)

  • Preparedness 6 (17 - 6 = 11)

  • Vehicles 6 (11 - 6 = 5)

  • Tinkering 4 (5 - 1 = 4)


Even if I didn’t have 4, I think I am out of ideas for her. 


Step #4 is Personality, I’m going with the following: “Aelita Anderson is usually a polite Earthling unless she gets annoyed at people who try to mess up the timeline for one reason or another.”


Step #5 is Appearance. I’m going with the following: “Aelita Anderson is a tall woman with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in the common Timewatch uniform.”

Step #6 is the Drive for the character. I’m going with the following: “Nowhere Else to Go”.


Step #7 is Background. I’m going with the following: “Aelita Anderson was a gun moll/actress for a powerful gangster in 1920’s Los Angeles, California. After some success, the gangster asked for her to get the role of Eris for a talkie -- unaware that it was a plot by the Ezeru to get a nuclear war going -- and she was picked up by Time Watch -- realizing that the gangster would kill her -- and that her family members will be all killed in World War II.”


Step #8 is Sercet. I’m going with the following: “I have none. I’m an open book.”


Step #9 is Name. Then that is Aelita Anderson.


I think even the evilest foe of Timewatch would remark that Aelita Anderson’s stats are finished -- below this paragraph is Aelita Anderson’s full stats.





=TIME=


Name: Aelita Anderson.


Appearance: Aelita Anderson is a tall woman with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in the common Timewatch uniform.


Personality: Aelita Anderson is usually a polite Earthling unless she gets annoyed at people who try to mess up the timeline for one reason or another.



Drive: Nowhere Else to Go




Investigative Abilities:

▢ Timecraft 1 

▢ Charm 2

▢ History (Contemporary) 2

▢ Notice 1

▢ Streetwise 2

▢ Trivia 1

▢ Research 2 

▢ Anthropology 2

▢ High Society 2


General Abilities:

▢ Athletics 8

▢ Disguise 6

▢ Shooting 5

▢ Scuffing 5

▢ Unobtrusiveness 4

▢ Preparedness 6

▢ Vehicles 6

▢ Tinkering 4



Health: 6

Chronal Stability: 6


Background: Aelita Anderson was a gun moll/actress for a powerful gangster in the 1920’s Los Angeles, California. After some success, the gangster asked for her to get the role of Eris for a talkie -- unaware that it was a plot by the Ezeru to get a nuclear war going -- and she was picked up by Time Watch -- realizing that the gangster would kill her -- and that her family members will be all killed in World War II.


Sercet: “I have none. I’m an open book.”


=WATCH=

No comments:

Post a Comment