Monday, January 16, 2023

Character Creation Challenge 2023: #16 = “Open Legends”

 

Open Legends is a tabletop roleplaying with its core book being free on the web. The proof is the following link: https://openlegendrpg.com/


In 2021, I did a fantasy character. In 2022, I did a cyberpunk. In going to do a modern-day character for this game. First, I need a job for my character that can get him or her into action. Question #1: Actress/Actor? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 12. Yes. Works for me. Question #2: Female? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 9. Outrageous Yes. 


Step #1 is the name of the PC. I think I’m going with the following: Aelita Grindstone.


Step #2 is the race of the PC. I going with the boring human business here.


Step #3 is two exceptional physical traits. I’m going with the following: “Scar on her neck” and “a large wart on her back.”


Step #4 is two defining social traits. I’m going with the following: “Likes to threaten lawsuits at anyone” & “like elevator music.”


Step #5 is a secret. The secret is the following: “Comes from a parallel universe that was destroyed.”


Step #6 is the abilities business. The following are the 18 abilities in this game -- though the abilities in bold are for magic or superpowers: Agility, Fortitude, Might, Learning, Logic, Perception, Will, Deception, Persuasion, Presence, Alteration, Creation, Energy, Entropy, Influence, Movement, Prescience, and Protection.


Well, I going with using the following numbers in Jack of All Trades for my PC: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1.  I will start by putting some of the 3s in the mental business with the following: Learning, Logic, Perception, and Willpower. That leaves on 3 that I will put in Fortitude. I put one of the 2 in the Agility. I put another 2 in Deception. Then I put the leftover 2 in Persuasion. I put the 1 leftover in Presence.


Step #6 is to find Toughness. The following is the math problem to do so: Toughness = 10 + Fortitude + Will. 10 + 3 + 3 = 16.


Step #7 is to find Guard. That is the following math problem: Guard = 10 + Agility + Might + Armor. 10 + 2 + 0 + 0 = 12.


Step #8 is to find Resolve. That is the following math problem:  10 + Presence + Will. 10 + 1 + 3 = 14.


Step #9 is to find Hit Points. That is the following math problem: 2 x (Fortitude + Presence + Will) + 10. 2x(3+1+3)+10= HP. 2x7+10= 24.


Step #10 is to use 6 points to buy Feats. I’m going with the following: Climbing (1 point), Swimming (1 point),  & Wealthy (3 points). I have 1 point left over, but I have no ideas for Feats to buy.


Step #11 is to get equipment. I assume that my character has the usual weapons that a rich actress can buy.


Step #12 is to pick perks and flaws. I can pick up two perks and two flaws -- but I don’t have to -- if I don’t want to. I going with Attractive for Aeltia’s only perk & Addiction (root beer) for Aelita’s only flaw.


...And I think I am finished with Aelita. Below this paragraph is full stats of Aelita.





=OPEN=


Name: Aelita Grindstone


Race: Human


Physical Traits: Scar on her neck  & a large wart on her back.


Social Traits: Likes to threaten lawsuits at anyone & like elevator music


Sercet: Comes from a parallel universe that was destroyed.


Attributes:

▢ Learning: 3

▢ Logic: 3

▢ Perception: 3

▢ Will: 3

▢ Fortitude: 3

▢ Agility: 2

▢ Deception: 2

▢ Persuasion: 2

▢ Presence: 1



Toughness: 16


Guard: 12


Resolve: 14


Hit Points: 24


Feats:

▢ Climbing 

▢ Swimming

▢ Wealthy


Perks:

▢ Attractive

Flaws:

▢ Addiction (Root Beer)







=LEGENDS= 

No comments:

Post a Comment