Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #11 = "FATE"

 We are back into Repeatville with our tabletop roleplaying game as we are going with “FATE”. “FATE” is a tabletop roleplaying game that can do everything from cyberpunk to western -- and every genre in between and beyond. Like last year, I will be using “Fate Condensed” as it is the most recent version of “FATE” released by Evil Hat Productions.



Step #1 is to find the genre of the campaign from the fictional Game Master.


Question #1: What is the genre of the campaign of the fictional Game Master? “Cyberpunk”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 57. No.


Question #2: “Espionage”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 8. Exceptional Yes. “Espionage is the genre for the campaign of the fictional Game Master



Step #2 is High Concept. I’m going with the following: “Disguise Artist”


Step #3 is Trouble.  I’m going with the following: “Eats a Lot”


Step #4 is the other three free Aspects. One of the three has to relate to a PC. The other two can be anything that relates to the genre of “Espionage”. I’m going with the following three Aspects: “Dr. Ayna Syithe save my bacon a lot of time”, “Dr. Sirvus must be stopped at any cost”, & “Trust everyone.” 


Step #5  is Skills. I have to pick the following: One Great Skill, Two Good Skills, Three Fair Skills, & Four Average skills. All other skills are mediocre. For my PC’s Great Skill, I’m going with Deceive. For the Good Skills, I’m going with the following: Fight & Physique.  For the Fair Skills, I’m going with the following: Empathy, Will & Stealth. For the Average skills, I’m going with the following: Shoot, Athletics, Burglary & Drive.


Step #5 is Refresh. That is 3 unless I take more than three Stunts. 


Step #6 is the Stunts. I can get up to 3. I’m going with one Stunt. I think I am not going to put any stunts in -- and wait until me and the other players in the fictional group play in the fictional Game Master’s campaign.

Step #7 is getting the Stress boxes. Since I have Physique skill in the Good slots -- I get six boxes for Body Stress -- but since I also have Will skill in my Fair slots, I get 4 boxes for my Mind Stress.


Step #8 is getting the Consequences set up. Consequences are split up between three businesses: Mild, Moderate, and Severe. 


Step 9 is Name. I’m going with the following: Connie Stume. 


Step #10 is Appearance. I’m going with the following: “When not in disguise, Connie Stume is a female adult human with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a pink sweater, purple slacks, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of purple loafers.”


....And Connie Stume is done. Connie Stume’s full stats are below this paragraph. 


=FATE=


Name: Connie Stume


Appearance: When not in disguise, Connie Stume is a female adult human with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a pink sweater, purple slacks, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of purple loafers.



High Concept: “Disguise Artist”


Trouble: “Eats a Lot”


Other Aspects: “Dr. Ayna Syithe save my bacon a lot of time”, “Dr. Sirvus must be stopped at any cost”, & “Trust everyone” 


Skills:
◻Great: Deceive
◻◻Good: Fight & Physique
◻◻◻Fair: Empathy, Will & Stealth
◻◻◻◻ Shoot, Athletics, Burglary & Drive.


Refresh: 3


Stress Tracks:
Body: ◻◻◻ ◻◻◻
Mind: ◻◻◻ ◻


Consequences:

Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:


=FATE=


No comments:

Post a Comment