Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #26 = “Slasher Flick”

 Our next game is from Repeatville, it’s one of Spectrum Games’s horror games, “Slasher Flick”. “Slasher Flick” is all about trying to get through one of those slasher flicks like “Nightmare On Elm Street” or “Friday the 13th”. 


Step #1 is deciding on Primary or Secondary character. Primary characters may get out of the movie getting killed by rip-offs of Jason Voorhes or Freddy Krueger while Secondary characters will die like moths to bug zapper. I’m going with the former then the latter for this character.


Step #2 is Stereotypes. In other games, this would be the class or job of the PC. Last year I was made an “A Soap Opera Actress.” This time, I’m going with a “Horror Film Director”


Step #3 is stats is get the Poor for each four stats in this game which are the following: Brawn, Finesse, Brains & Spirit. 


Step #4 is to use the 4 Stat Boosters that I got since my character is a Primary. Secondary characters get 3 Stats. I will use all 4 to get my stats up to Normal -- since getting Good cost 2 Stats Boosters.


Step #5 is Positive Qualities. Primary Characters like the one I am working on get 4 Positive Qualities. I’m going with the following: “Handsome”, “Knows About Films”, “Ex-Safecracker”, & “Boxer”


Step #6 is Negative Quality. If I was playing this with friends at a tabletop, I would pass to the man or woman to my left -- not counting the Game Master of the session -- but since I’m doing this solo, I’m going to come up with a Negative Quality on my own -- which is the following: “Bossy”


Step #7 is to use the two Alterations to do some stuff to my PC being a Primary Character. I’m going up both Finesse and Brain to Good


Step #8 is an item. Since my character is a director, I’m going with a portable video camera


Step #9 is Name. I’m going with Stephen Queen.  If you think I’m riffing on famous horror writer, Stephen King.


Step #10 is a link to another PC. This one is going to the one I linked to the one I did last year, “Donna Winters” -- which is the following: “Is the neighbor across the street from Donna Winters.”


Step #11 is a character’s tidbit. “Likes tabletop roleplaying games.”


...And we're done with Stephen Queen. Below this paragraph is Stephen Queen’s full stats. Enjoy!




=SLASHER=


Name: Stephen Queen


Role: “Primary Character”


Stereotype: “Horror Film Director”


Stats:
▢ Brawn: Normal (“Boxer”)
▢ Finesse: Good (“Ex-Safecraker”)
▢ Brains: Good (“Knows About Films”)
▢ Spirit: Normal (Positive: “Handsome”, Negative: “Bossy”)


Item:
▢ Portable Video Camera


PC’s Link: 

▢ “Is the neighbor across the street from Donna Winters.”


Tibit:
▢“Likes tabletop roleplaying games.”


No comments:

Post a Comment