Thursday, January 6, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #6 = "Cartoon Action Hour: Season 2"

 Another repeat from this year as I kept on truckin' with the seasons (read: editions) of “Cartoon Action Hour” from Spectrum Games -- by moving to Season Two.


Step #1 is to find the genre of the series (read: campaign) of the fictional Game Master.



Question #1: Is the genre of the series of the fictional Game Master the following: “Fantasy”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 82. No.


Question #2: “Post-Apocalypse”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 43. Yes.  “The Empty Planet” is a series about astronauts landing on a planet that went through an apocalypse about four decades ago. 




Step #2 is Name. I’m going with Cassie Cloud for the name of the PC.


Step #3 is Player Name. That is going to Dr. Fowl Thinker (That’s me!)


Step #4 is the Series's Name. That is going to be “The Empty Planet”


Step #5 is Group Affiliation. Since “NASA” was super hot in the 1980’s -- not counting that business with the Space Shuttle Challenger (Google it!) -- I’m going with “NASA” as Cassie’s Group Affiliation. 


Step #6 is Appearance, I’m going with the following:  “Cassie Cloud is a female woman with brown hair with green eyes usually dressed in a pink blouse, blue jeans, a pair of white socks, and a pair of pink loafers.”


Step #7 is Factoids. I'm going with the following for Cassie’s Factoids.: “Dislike peas” and “Likes candy bars.”


Step #8 is Subplots. After more talking to the Game Master, I learn that the villain of the series, Siruv, is trying it’s hardest to locate Prof. Mia Stery -- but failing because both some of the old allies of Prof. Stery and some wannabe Warlords. For this one, I’m going with the following for Cassie’s Subplot: “Archenemy: Sirvus”. 


Step #9 is Traits. Before I began......I got a few questions on Proof of Purchase Points..


....Question #1: The usual basic Proof of Purchase Points for a series in “Cartoon Action Hour: Season Two” which is the following: 30 POPPS? My VieW: 50/50. Mythic View: 8. Exceptional Yes. Works for me.......


...The following are the  traits that I brought for C.C. with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Agility 4 (30 - 4 = 26)

  • Smarts 4 (26 - 4 = 22)

  • Alien Dagger 2 (22 - 2 = 20)

    • Enhancer Bonus Modifier (20 - 1 = 19)

    • Accessory Restriction Modifier (19 + 1 = 20)

  • Swimming 3 (20 - 3 = 17)

  • Climbing 3 (17 - 3 = 14)

  • Galaxy Knowledge 2 (14 - 2 = 12)

  • Medical 4 (12 - 4 = 8)

  • Repair 4 (8 - 4 = 4)

  • Driving 4 (4-4=0)......



....I’m guessing that I'm done with Cassie’s traits since I hit zero during my buying of her traits. 


Step #10 is doing the Stats. Step #10A is Base Oomph -- and since I can’t buy any Oomph, Cassie is stuck with the basic 2 businesses in the Oomph business. Step #10B is Threshold. That is the following math problem: 8+Oomph=Threshold. 8+2=10. 10 is Cassie’s Threshold. Step #10C is Battle Rating -- which is the best-rated trait for attacking or defending in combat. That would be Agility 4 -- which makes Cassie’s Battle Rating a 4 as well.....


...I think that C.C. is finished. Below you will find C.C’s full stats.




=CAH-S2=


Character’s Name: “Cassie Cloud”


Player’s Name: Dr. Fowl Thinker 


Series’s Name: “The Empty Planet”


Group Affiliation: “NASA”


Appearance: Cassie Cloud is a female woman with brown hair with green eyes usually dressed in a pink blouse, blue jeans, a pair of white socks, and a pair of pink loafers.


Factoids:
▢ “Dislike peas:”
▢ “Like candy bars”


Subplots: 

▢ Arch-Enemy: Siruv

Traits: Agility 4, Smarts 2, Alien Dagger 2 [Enhancer +1, Accessory], Swimming 3, Climbing 3, Galaxy Knowledge 2, Medical 4, Repair 4, Driving 4


Stats: Oomph 2, Threshold 10, Battle Rating 4







No comments:

Post a Comment