Friday, January 21, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #21 = "Open Legends"

 We are still in Repeatville business from last year as I am going to be doing another “Open Legend”. “Open Legend” is a strange RPG as they have their core rules on their webpage. The following link is the proof of that: https://openlegendrpg.com/


Step #1 is to find out what the genre of the fictional campaign that the fictional Game Master is going to be.


Question #1: Is the genre of the game the following: “Cyberpunk”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 19. Yes.



Step #2 is a Name. I’m going with Jazz.

Step #3 is a Race. I’m going with a human.


Step #4 is Size. I’m going with Medium.


Step #5 is coming up with the Two exceptional physical traits for Jazz. Jazz has a purple mohawk and a cybernetic arm for a left hand.


Step #6 is coming up with two exceptional social traits for Jazz. I’m going with the following: “Sounds like a female from a 1980’s cartoon” & “Loves soda.”


Step #7 is a Secret for Jazz. I’m going with the following: “Actual citizen of Altantis who time-traveled to the present period.”


Step #8 is to deal with Attributes. The 18 Attributes are decided up in the following four categories:


  •  Physical Attributes: Agility, Fortitude, & Might

  •  Mental Attributes: Learning, Logic, Perception, & Will

  •  Social Attributes: Deception, Persuasion, & Presence.

  •  Extraordinary Attributes: Alteration, Creation, Energy, Entropy, Influence, Movement, Prescience, & Protection


Step #4 is choosing a way to do my Character. 



Question #2: Do I go with the Quick Build? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 37. Yes.


Question #3: Which Quick Build should I take for Jazz? Specialized Hero? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 14. Yes. That gives me the following numbers to plug into the Attributes I choose for my PC: 5, 4, 3, 2, 2 & 2.




Step #5 is putting the numbers into my Character’s Attributes. The following is what I did for my PC:


  •  Give her a Fortitude of 5

  •  Give her a Might of 4

  •  Give her an Agility of 3

  •  Give her a Will of 2

  • Give her a Perception of 2.


Step #6 is finding Toughness. Toughness is the following math problem:


10 + Fortitude + Will = Toughness. Let’s plug in Jazz’s numbers.


10 + 5 + 2 = 17. 17 is Jazz’s Toughness. 


Step #7 is finding Guard. Guard is the following math problem: 


10 + Agility + Might + Armor = Guard. Let’s plug in Jazz’s number.


10 + 3 + 4 + 0 = 17. 17 is Jazz’s Guard.


Step #8 is finding Resolve. Resolve is the following math problem: 


10 + Presence + Will = Resolve. Let’s plug in Jazz’s number.


10 + 0 + 2 = 12. 12 is Jazzi’s resolve.


Step #9 is finding Hit Points. Hit Points is the following math problem:


2 x (Fortitude + Presence + Will)+10 = Hit Points. Let’s plug in Jazz’s numbers. 


2 x (5+0+2) + 10 = ?

2 x 7 + 10 = ?

14 + 10 = 24.


24 is Jazz’s Hit Points.


Step #9 is buying Feats. I’m going to buy the following for Jazz with the math business in brackets as usual:


  •  Brutal Intimation (6 - 1 = 5)

  •  Longshot (5 - 1 = 4)

  •  Untrackable (4 - 1 = 3)....


..Even if I have no points left for buying Feats, I think I'm done with Feats for Jazz.


Step #10 is Starting Equipment. The Game Master and I talk and we decide on the following equipment for Jazz: a dagger, a laser pistol, a credit card, & a motorcycle.


Step #11 is to pick up two Perks and two Flaws. I don’t have to do this one -- if I don’t want to. For Jazz’s Perks, I’m going with the following: “Ageless” & “Disease Immunity”. For Jazz’s Flaws, I’m going with the following: “Addiction (Soda Pop)” & “Brash”.


Step #12 is Appearance. I’m going with the following: “Jazz is a normal human woman with a purple mohawk and a cybernetic left arm usually dressed in a purple shirt, blue jeans, a pair of purple socks, and a pair of brown leather boots.”



...Jazz is done, below this paragraph is Jazz’s full stats.



=O.L.=


Name: “Jazz”


Appearance: “Jazz is a normal human woman with a purple mohawk and a cybernetic left arm usually dressed in a purple shirt, blue jeans, a pair of purple socks, and a pair of brown leather boots.”


Race: Human


Size: Medium.


Two Exceptional Physical Traits: “Purple mohawk” & “Cybernetic left arm” 


Two Exceptional Social Traits: “Sounds like a female from a 1980’s cartoon” & “Loves soda.”


Secret: Actual citizen of Altantis who time-traveled to the present period. 


Attributes:

▢ Fortitude: 5

▢ Might: 4
▢ Agility: 3
▢ Will: 2
▢ Perception: 2


Toughness: 17


Guard: 17


Resolve: 12


Hit Points: 24


Feats:
▢ Brutal Intimidation
▢ Longshot
▢ Untrackable 


Equipment:

▢ Dagger
▢ Laser Pistol
▢ Credit Card
▢ Motorcycle 


Perks:

▢ Ageless
▢ Disease Immunity


Flaws:
▢ Addiction (Soda Pop)
▢ Brash


No comments:

Post a Comment