Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #4 = "Alma Mater"

 In “Alma Mater”, tabletop roleplaying gamers play normal teenage kids in high school.


Step #1 is rolling a ten-sided dice or a 1d10 in tabletop roleplaying lingo for each of the eight Attributes. The eight Attributes for this RPG are the following: Strength, Coordination, Appearance, Intelligence, Learning Drive, Courage, Willpower & Constitution. The following is the rolling for my PC for this RPG: 


  • Strength’s Roll: 1d10 = 10

  • Coordiantion’s Roll: 1d10 = 4

  • Appearance’s Roll: 1d10 = 4

  • Intelligence’s Roll: 1d10 = 2

  • Learning Drive’s Roll: 1d10 = 8

  • Courage’s Roll: 1d10 = 3

  • Willpower’s Roll: 1d10 = 5

  • Constitution’s Roll: 1d10 = 4


Step #2 is decided on Character’s Class. My PC can’t be a Brain because the PC has an Intelligence rating of 2. For sure, my PC can’t be a cheerleader -- as the PC has a rating of 4 in Appearance. My PC can’t be a scumbag as the PC has a rating of 3 in Courage. My PC can’t be a jock despite having a Strength of 10 as his Coordination is 4. My PC can’t be a Tough despite having a Strength of 10 -- as his Courage is 3. Sorry, losers, but my PC is not in that business -- since he has a few Attributes that are 5 or above. That makes my PC’s Character Class: Average. 


Step #3 is Social Level.  That is another roll of d10 and look at the table at the top of page 5 of the rulebook for this RPG. The number that d10 stops at this time is the following: 7 = Middle. 


Step #4 is the starting money. That is the following math problem: (Intelligence+Appearance) * Social Level * 5=Cash. Let’s do some math!


2+4=6
6*7=42

42*5=$210....


..So $210 is my PC’s starting Cash.


Step #5 is getting my free three skills from the skills business. I’m going with the following for PCs: Friends, Homework, & Manners.


Step #6 is my PC’s age. (2+Intelligence)+Learning Drive+number of scholastic skills)+a roll of 1d6=number.) on look at a table on page 5 of the rulebook for this RPG. Let’s do some math


2+2=4

4+8=12
12+1=13.


13 is my number. That makes my PC’s age 14.


Step #7 is the PC’s birthday. The first step is to roll a d10. The number that d10 lands on this time around is the following: 6. That means I will be using the left hand of a table on page 5 of the rulebook for this RPG. The roll of d6 gives me the following number: 3. 3 means my PC was born in September. Now, it’s another roll of d6. This time around, the d6 gives me the following number: 5. 5 means my PC was born near the end of September. To find out what day it is I need to roll a 1d10 and add +20 to it. The roll of d10 gives me the following: 5. 5+20=25. So my PC’s birthday is September 25.


Step #8 is Problem since my PC has an appearance of 4. 5-4=1. To find out the problem -- I have to roll a twenty-sided dice or a d20 in tabletop RPG lingo. The d20 gives me the following number: 12 = Vision. To find out the cost, I need to roll a d10. The d10 gives me the following number: 6.....



..........Step #9 is Name. I’m going with Nina Zaffera as the name of my PC.


Step #10 is Gender. I’m going with a female since Nina is the name of a famous winged warrior or mage from the “Breath of Fire” video game franchise.

Step #10 is Appearance, which I’m going with the following: “Nina Zaffera is an average teenage girl with red hair and green eyes usually wearing a pink shirt, blue overalls, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of purple and white sneakers with black shoelaces.”.....




...Nina is done, her full stats are below......







=ALMA=



Name: “Nina Zaffera”


Gender: Female


Appearance: Nina Zaffera is an average teenage girl with red hair and green eyes usually wearing a pink shirt, blue overalls, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of purple and white sneakers with black shoelaces.




Character Class: Average


Social Status: Middle


Age: 14


Birthday: September 25



Attributes:

☐ Strength: 10
☐ Coordination: 4

☐ Appearance: 4

☐ Intelligence: 2
☐ Learning Drive: 8
☐ Courage: 3

☐ Willpower: 5
☐ Constitution: 4


Skills:
☐ Friends
☐ Homework
☐ Manners


 

Starting Cash: $210.


Problem: Vision (-6)





=MATER=


No comments:

Post a Comment