Thursday, January 27, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #27 = “Awfully Cheerful Engine”

 Our next game is “Awful Cheerful Engine”, one of the most recent tabletop roleplaying game rulebooks I have gotten.


Step #1 is finding the genre of the campaign of the fictional game. 


Question #1: What is the genre of the game? “Cyberpunk”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 78. No.


Question #2: “Fantasy”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 5. Exceptional Yes. Fantasy is the genre of the fictional Game Master’s campaign.


Step #2 is to find a roll for my PC. I think I stick with the “Fantasy” business that is in the rulebook for this tabletop roleplaying game.


Question #3: What fantasy role is my PC? “Alchemist?” My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 90. No.


Question #4: “Assassin”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 39. Yes.



Step #3 is Stats. There are four stats in this game -- and they are the following: Smarts, Moves, Style and Brawn. I have 12 Points to do so -- but I can’t have any stats higher than a 5 or lower then a 2.  I start with a 2 in Brawn. 12-2=10. I’m going to a 4 for Smarts. 10 - 4 = 6. I take a 3 for Style. 6 - 3 = 3.  And I’m left with 3 for Moves. 3 - 3 = 0. 


Step #4 is a special focus for each of the stats. All of them will show up in the stats in brackets like the one I usually use in math business while doing other tabletop roleplaying games.  For my Smart one, I’m going with Cooking. For my Moves, I’m going with Thievery. For my Style, I’m going with Gambling. For my Brawn, I’m going with Climbing.


Step #4 is to do some health business. Step #4A is figuring out defense which 3 times my character’s number in it’s Moves stats.. 3 * 3 = 9 Step #4B is figuring out Health. Health is equal to the Brawn stats. 2 is my Health. Step #4C is up Defense to 8 since that’s the lowest a Defense can be -- which I don’t need since my defense is actually a 9.


Step #5 is to pick a trait for my PC. For funny business, I’m going with “Cheerful”.


Step #6 is my PC’s Special Ability. This is next to their role in the rulebook for this tabletop roleplaying game. The special ability for the Assassin is the following: “ You’re so good at killing people. You do double damage on your first attack against somebody.”


Step #7 is getting Karma. Most PCs get 6 Karma to spell on things.


Step #8 is a name. I’m going with Sarah Kyllien.....



..And we are done with Sarah Kyllien. Below this paragraph is Sarah’s full stats.....





=ACE=


Name: Sarah Kyllien



Traits: Cheerful
Role: Assassin 


Stats: 

▢ Smarts: 4 (Cooking)
▢ Moves: 3 (Thievery)
▢ Style: 3 (Gambling)
▢ Brawn: 2 (Climbing)


Defense: 9


Health: 2


Karma: 6


Special Ability: You’re so good at killing people. You do double damage on your

first attack against somebody.



No comments:

Post a Comment