Saturday, January 29, 2022

Character Creation Challenge 2022: #29 = “Open Versatile Anime - Second Edition”

 The game for this day is “Open Versatile Anime”, or “O.V.A.” for short, an anime-themed roleplaying game. 


Step #1 is finding the genre of the campaign of the fictional Game Master. 


Question #1: Is the genre of the following campaign of the fictional Game Master the following: “Cyberpunk”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 85. No.


Question #2: “Fantasy”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 50. No.

 

Question #3: “Fighting Series”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 72. No.


Question #4: “Gamer Anime Series”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 84. No.


Question #5: “Harem Anime”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 58. No.


Question #6: “Horror Anime”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 89. No.


Question #7: “Isekai”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 15. Yes.



Step #2 is the Concept. After talking more with the fictional Game Master. The story takes the beats of the 1980’s “Dungeons and Dragons” but set in a space operan universe similar to 1970’s “Star Wars”. I’m going with a normal teenage girl from Earth that becomes a shapeshifter in the space universe.


Step #3 is Abilities. The following is what I bought for my PC with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • Agile 1 (0+1=1)

  • Attack 2 (1+2=3)

  • Charismatic 1 (3+1=4)

  • Dexterous 2 (4+2=6)

  • Perceptive 1 (6+1=7)

  • Shape Shifter 3 (7+3=10)

  • Smart 1 (10+1=11)


Step #4 is dealing with Weakness. The following is what I give to my PCs with the math business in brackets as usual: 


  • Absent-Minded 1 (11-1=10)

  • Clumsy 3 (10-3=7)

  • Dull 1 (7-1=6)

  • Greedy 1 (6-1=5)

  • Impulsive 1 (5-1=4)

  • Kind-Hearted 1 (4-1=3)

  • Overconfident 1 (3-1=2) 


Even if I have 2 points after getting all the Weakness for the character, I’m running out of ideas for anything -- so I’m moving to Step #5 -- Perks & Flaws. The following is what I give my PC in both Perks and Flaws with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • “No Gesture” for Shape-Shifter (2+5=7)

  • And “Self-Only” for Shape-Shifter (7-5=2)



Step #6 is getting my PC’s Health. Since I didn’t take any Abilities or Flaws that did a number on the Health of my PC. My Health of my PC is 40.


Step #7 is Endurance for my PC’s. Since I didn’t take any Abilities or Flaws that did a number on the Endurance of Health of my PC. My health of My PC is 40.

Step #8 is a Name. I’m going with Hikaru Hishuri as the name of the PC.


Step #9 is an Appearance. I’m going with the following: “When not changed into another form, Hikaru Hishuri is a teenage girl with pink hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a purple blouse, blue jeans dyed pink, a pair of purple socks, and a pair of purple high-heel shoes.”


Step #10 is a Background. I’m going with the following: “Originally, Hikaru Hishuri was a normal Japanese high school student living in the Kyushu ward of Tokyo -- until she and her friends were summoned to the Kyalzon Galaxy to battle against the evil Lord Yami and his forces by the mysterious imp, Cosikka, who give her the ability to shape-shift into other things.”



....And Hikaru Hishuri is done. Below this paragraph is her full stats.


=O.V.A.=


Name: “Hikaru Hishuri”


Appearance: When not changed into another form, Hikaru Hishuri is a teenage girl with pink hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a purple blouse, blue jeans dyed pink, a pair of purple socks, and a pair of purple high-heel shoes.


Background: Originally, Hikaru Hishuri was a normal Japanese high school student living in the Kyushu ward of Tokyo -- until she and her friends were summoned to the Kyalzon Galaxy to battle against the evil Lord Yami and his forces by the mysterious imp, Cosikka, who give her the ability to shape-shift into other things.




Abilities: 

▢ Agile 1
▢ Attack 2
▢ Charismatic 1

▢ Dexterous 2

▢ Perceptive 1

▢ Shape Shifter 3 (No Gesture, Self-Only)
▢ Smart 1


Weakness:

▢ Absent-Minded 1
▢ Clumsy 3

▢ Dull 1

▢ Greedy 1

▢ Impulsive 1

▢ Kind-Hearted 1
▢ Overconfident 1


Health: 40


Endurance: 40





No comments:

Post a Comment