Thursday, January 20, 2022

Character Creation Challenge #20 = "On The Air"

Our next tabletop game for this 2022’s Character Creation Challenge business is “On The Air”, Spectrum’s homage to the radio shows of the 1920’s through the 1940’s. 


Step #1 is to find the genre for the fictional radio series that the fictional Showrunner is doing.


Question #1: Is the genre of the fictional Showrunner’s fictional radio series the following? “Fantasy”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 4. Exceptional Yes. The story is “The Warriors of Eris” -- about a group of Greecian warriors fighting injustice in Mycenaean Greece. 



Step #2 is dealing with Traits. The three traits are the following: Adventure (I.E. combat), Thought (I.E. solving puzzles), & Drama (I.E. Showing off against a rival).


Step #3 is deciding to go with one of the three options for the three traits and putting that Option’s numbers into the PC’s Traits.



Question #2: Is a series a soap opera? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 64. No.  It’s a regular action series. 

 

Question #3: Should I go with the following: “Option A =  -1,0,2”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 82. No.


Question #4: Going with the following: “Option B: -1, 1, 1”? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 91. Exceptional No. It’s Option C which gives me the following numbers: 0,0 & 1. 

 

Question #5: Is my PC great at Adventure? My View; 50/50. Mythic View: 19. Yes. 


Step #4 is getting a Description for any trait that has a positive number above 0 or a Flaw for any trait that has a negative number below 0. Since the only Trait that has a number that isn’t 0 is Adventure, I get 1 Description As for the Description, I’m going with Graceful.


Step #5 is Choice an Edge, I’m going with Trait Enhancer -- and up Thought by 1.


Step #6 is Name. I’m going with Araka as the name of my character.


Step #7 is Appearance. I’m going with the following: “Araka is a tall Greecian woman with red hair and red eyes dressed in a yellow toga and sandals.”



...And I finished with Araka, the following is “Araka” stats -- below this paragraph is her full stats.




=OTA=


Name: “Araka”


Appearance: Araka is a tall Greecian woman with red hair and red eyes dressed in a yellow toga and sandals.



Traits:

▢ Adventure: 1(Graceful)
▢ Thought: 1
▢ Drama: 0




 

No comments:

Post a Comment