Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Character Creation Business: Behind the Scenes

  Well, for the January of 2021, I was working on Creation Creation Business for every day of January on my tabletop game blog, “Flubs and Boons”.



The first seven were all written on the same day, January 7, 2012



□ Character #1: 17th Century Minimalist (Penny) = The name of the character came from the girl from the DiC’s cartoon know as “Inspector Gadget”.

□ Character #2: Advanced Fighting Fantasy Second Edition (Nograd Yrestym) = The name of the character is “Mystery Dragon” spelled backward.

□ Character #3: Amazing Tales (Aelita) = The name of the character comes from a character in “Code Lyoko”.

□ Character #4: Basic Action Super Heroes (Hydra) = My first superhero business.

□ Character #5: Big Eyes Small Mouth 4th Edition (Hikaru Mushina) = My first animated character. Anime is just another word for animated series a.k.a a cartoon.

□ Character #6: Boot Hill 3rd Edition (Flint Stone) = The reason is I reference some throwing a cow at me is that when you merge Flint Stone’s name together you get Flintstone – the last name of a famous cartoon caveman: Fred Flintstone.

□ Character #7: Call of Cthulhu (Cassandra Claws) = On this one, I got a comment from TardisCaptain, the guy behind the Creation Creation Business that I was evolved in thanking me for joining in.



Since I was written this stuff while a nasty virus that was causing havoc on the entire Earth – I tried to get head at least by a week or so when I have time from other business at my workplace or at home –so when and if I work at my office far from my home, I could just pop a character up on my blog in my blog and save writing new characters for the days.



□ Character #8: Capes, Cowls, and Villains Foul (Eris) = My first deal with a tabletop game from Spectrum Games, the company run by the Cartoon Mistress, Cynthia Celeste Miller.

□ Character #9: Cartoon Action Hour: Season Three (Inspector Nickel) = The following is straight from my blog post on this business: “After PopArena did his Nick Knacks on the classic 1980’s action-comedy cartoon, “Inspector Gadget”, I got a question in my mind, “What happens if Penny was a more serious Inspector Gadget herself?”



□ Character #10: Dream Park (Aelita Anderson a.k.a Kimberly) = Like Character #3, the first name was stolen from a character of the same from “Code Lyoko”.

□ Character #11: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition (Zaratina a.k.a Princess Aelita) = Of course for Zartian’s fake otherworld elf name, I took the name of a character from “Code Lyoko” like Character #3 and Character #10.

□ Character #12: Faery Tale (Sun)

□ Character #13: GURPS 4th Edition (Amy Stock) = I had to take a snapshot of a skill table to help me work on Amy’s skills – other than that, I didn’t need too much help for a character here.



The next two characters were for different editions of the same game, “ICONS: Superpowered Role-Playing”. Both versions use random rolls to create the heroes.



□ Character #14: Adamant Entermaintent’s edition of “ICONS” (Cassie Smith a.k.a Cordia)

□ Character #15: Ad Infinium Adventures’s edition of “ICONS” (Jessica Night a.k.a Ninja)



After those two characters above, I went back to the normal business.



□ Character #16: It Come From The Late, Late Show (Aelita Piano) = One again like Character #3, Character #10, & Character #11, I stole the first name of the character from the character with the same first name from “Code Lyoko”.



□ Character #17: Cartoon Action Hour: Season 2 (Aelita Stone) = This time is the first time I stole one of the full names of the same character of “Code Lyoko” for character plus it’s also the first time that I went back an edition of a tabletop role-playing game.


□ Character #18: Meddling Kids (Cassie Cave) = This is the rarest game I have in both book and PDF form.

□ Character #19: Mutants and Mastermind Third Edition (Angelica).

□ Character #20: Open Legend RPG (Messila)

□ Character #21: On The Air (George Grave) = Another one of Spectrum Games’s tabletop game.

□ Character #22: Cartoon Action Hour: Season 1 (Aelita) = Like Character #3, Character #10, Character #11, Character #16, & Character #17, I stole the name of the character from the same-named character from “Code Lyoko”.

□ Character #23: Savage World Adventure Edition (Johana Jackson)

□ Character #24: Hero System Sixth Edition (Eris) = I think I got the skill business wrong – but I’m not 100% sure, so don’t quote me on that!

□ Character #25: Slasher Flick (Donna Winters) = This is another one of Spectrum Games’s games.

□ Character #26: RetroStar (Marina) = This character was the last of the character created for one of Spectrum Games’s tabletop games.

□ Character #27: Primetime Adventures (Lady Minvera” = I think it took 3 pulls of cards to come up with “Arthura”, the fictional television series that Lady Minvera was a cast member of – but I’m not 100% sure on that one, so don’t quote me on that one.

□ Character #28: QAS (Aelita Scheffer) = Like Like Character #3, Character #10, Character #11, Character #16, & Character #17, I stole the full name of one of the names of the same name character from “Code Lyoko” for this character.

□ Character #29: “Toon” (Princess Cassandra)

□ Character #30: PDQ (John Dome)

□ Character #31: FATE Condensed (Laxartavia the Traitor.)


And with that FATE character finished I was done about a week before the end of January.


The reason I do this was to make sure that I kept my “Google Drive” active.



=QUIZ=




1 comment:

  1. Those are some great characters. Looking forward to reading them more in detail.

    ReplyDelete