Sunday, January 10, 2021

Character Creation Business #10: Dream Park

 R. Talsorian Games’s “Dream Park” is an RPG that is based on “Dream Park” novels written by Larry Niven and Steve Barnes that focus on the live-action role-playing games that the Game Master of “Dream Park” perform for professional gamers. 


Step #1 is the name of the character. I think I’m going with “Aelita Anderson” as the name of my character.


Step #2 is the sex (read: gender) of the character. “Aelita Anderson” reads to be female -- so that’s the gender of A.A.


Question #1: To do Step #3, I need a name for A.A.’s character. So I will need some help from Mythic here.  What is the name of Aelita’s character? Does it also start with A? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 54.


Question #2? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 57. No.


Question #3? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 96. Exceptional No. Her character doesn’t start with either a G or an H.


Question #4: I? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 73. No.


Question #5: J? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 54. No.


Question #6: K? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 19. Yes.


Question #7: “Karen?” My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 98. Exceptional No. “Kimberly” is the name of the character.


Step #4 is to find Aelita/Kimberly’s role in the games at Dream Park.  They are 10 classes in the “Dream Park” the following: Fighter, Theif, Magic-User, Cleric, Loremaster, Engineer, Superhero & Multiclass.


Question #8: Is Fighter, Aelita’s class? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 93. Exceptional No. Kimberly isn’t a Fighter neither Theif.


Question #9: Magic-User? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 64. No.


Question #10: Cleric? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 81. No.


Question #11: Loremaster? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 36. Yes. So. Kimberly is a Loremaster.



Step #5 is to put the Game Points that Aelita/Kimberly have. I’m going with 0 here as she is the “Dream Park” games.


Step #6 is to get Aelita’s of Park Profession. 


Question #10: Desk Job? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 65. No.


Question #11: Entertainer? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 17.


Step #7 is to get Aelita/Kimberly’s Motivation.


Question #12: Greed? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 74. No.


Question #13: Honor? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 31. Yes.



Step  #8 is to Aelita/Kimbery’s Attribute and Traits. I think that “Friendly & Outgoing” is going to Aelita/Kimberly’s Attribute and Traits.


Step #9 is to get Personal Attributes.

Question #14: Smart? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 10. Yes.


Step #10 is to get Personal Problems. 


Question #15: Phobia? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 91. Exceptional No. Aelita doesn’t have a Phobia or Addiction.


Question #16: Split Personality? My View: I don’t think that fits my character.


Question #17: Weak Will? My View: I don’t think that fits my character


Question #18: Dyslexia? My View: I don’t think that fits my character.


Question #19: Ugly? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 71. No.


Question #20: Absent-Minded? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 27. Yes.



Step #11 is the three goals of Aelita. One is social, one is personal and one is a hobby. For her “Social Goal”, I decided on the following: “Make new friends”. For her professional goal, I decided on the following: “Make a bunch of other players laugh” For her hobby: “Work on my original game.”


Step #12: Next is to copy the Basic Skill of the Loremaster from the Loremaster’s card into the Basic Skill area. The skills are the following: Melee Weapons (how the gamer uses swords and maces), Ranged Weapons (how the gamer uses crossbow and rifles), Hand to Hand (how the game fight without weapons), Knowledge (how much the gamer knows about the game world), Tinkering (how well the gamer can fix or wreck things), Dodge (How well the gamer can get ou a way of a punch or bullet), Athletics (how well the gamer can do in sports or other sweating things like exercise), Stealth (how well the gamer can hide or sneak), Awareness (how the gamer notices thing), Willpower (how strong or weak the gamer’s will is)


Being a Loremaster, Aelita/Kimberly get the following Basic Skills: Melee 1, Ranged Weapon 1, Hand-To-Hand 1, Knowledge 3, Tinkering 2, Dodge 2, Athletics 2, Stealth 1, Awareness 4, Willpower 3


Step #13: Get Base Wounds. For Loremaster, that adds 4 to a roll of a regular six-sided dice or d6 in RPG talk. My Dice Number was 4. 4 + 4 = 8. So Aelita/Kimberly’s Basic Wounds is 8. 


Step #14: To use 20 Game Points to get Other Skills for Aelita/Kimberly. The following how things usually add up: 1 point in an Easy Skill costs 1 Game Point; 1 point in a Simple Skill cost 2 Game Points; 1 point in Hard Skill cost 3 Game Points; 1 point in Very Hard Skill cost 4 Game Points & 1 point in Extremely Hard cost 5 Game Points. I can buy other skills that aren’t in my section but it would cost me double the Game Points to buy it. 


The following are A.A’s other skills and her rating in them as well as the math business in the bracket as usual. 


  • Arcane Lore 2 [20 - 6 = 14]

  • Deduction 1 [20 - 3 = 17]

  • Hunch 1 [17 - 3 = 14]

  • Research 2 [14 - 4 = 10]

  • Acting 3 [10 - 6 (It’s not one of the Loremaster skills) = 4]


I think I done with my character’s skills. 


Step #15 is Player’s Appearance, which is the following for A.A: “Aelita Anderson is an adult woman with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in the following: a pink blouse, blue jeans, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of high-heel shoes.”



Step #16 is Character Appearance, which is the following for Kimberly: “Kimberly is an adult woman with red hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a red toga and sandals”....


...And with that, I’m done with this character







=FULL STATS=


Player’s Name: “Aelita Anderson”


Player’s Appearance: Aelita Anderson is an adult woman with blonde hair and blue eyes usually dressed in the following: a pink blouse, blue jeans, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of high-heel shoes.


Game Points: 0


Character’s Name: “Kimberly”


Character’s Role: Loremaster


Character’s Appearance: Kimberly is an adult woman with red hair and blue eyes usually dressed in a red toga and sandals


Sex: Female


Out of Park Profession: Entertainer


Motivation: Honor


Attributes and Traits: Friendly & Outgoing


Personal Attributes: Smart 


Personal Problem: Absent-Minded.


Goals:

Social: Make new friends

Professional: Make a bunch of the other players laugh.

Hobby: Work on my original game.


Basic Skill:

Melee: 1

Ranged Weapon: 1

Hand-To-Hand: 1
Knowledge: 3

Tinkering: 2
Dodge: 2
Athletics: 2
Stealth: 1

Awareness: 4
Willpower 3




Other Skills:

Arcane Lore: 2

Deduction: 1

Hunch: 1

Research: 2

Acting: 3


Basic Wounds: 8










No comments:

Post a Comment