Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Character Creation Business #2: Advanced Fighting Fantasy Second Edition

 Our next game is one of the many fantasy clones of “Dungeons and Dragons” called “Advanced Fighting Fantasy”. The one I have this the Second Edition, I think I’m going with warrior after I got cutthroat in the previous creation character.



The first step is to plug in the basic numbers for Skill, Stamina, Luck, and Magic which are the following: 4, 8, 8 & 0. 


Time some questions to Mythic.

Question #1: Should I have 3 Points to my Skill? My VieW: 50/50. Mythic View: 46. Yes. That makes my PC’s skill a 7.


Question #2: Should I add 4 Points to my Stamina? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 80. Fine with me.


Question #3: Should I have 3 points to my Luck? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 71. No.


Question #4: Should I have 7 points to my Magic? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 20. Yes.


For my PC’s race, I going with a human. That adds +1 to my LUCK


My human PC gets the following skills free of charge: Word Lore, City Lore, Religion Lore, Common Speech (4 points) & a free Movement or Stealth Skill. I going with Stealth and Disguise.


Next up is Social Standing:


Question #5: Social Standing is 0? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 79. No.


Question #6: 1? My View:  50/50. My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 69. No.


Question #7: 2? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 61. No.


Question #8: 3? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 31. Yes.


I need a weapon: so I going to Sword Skill (2 points) since I’m going with a sword as my PC’s weapon.


My PC starts with the following items:


  • 2d6 in gold pieces. That means to roll two six-sided dice to get the number of gold pieces. The dice number is the following: 5 gold pieces.

  • One weapon -- which is going to be a sword.

  • A lantern and flask of oil

  • A backpack

  • Food items totaling about 2 meals.

  • A Stamina Potion  



For my PC name, I’m going with the following: Nograd Yrestym


For Appearance: Nograd Yrestym is a tall man with no hair and blue eye usually dressed in a green shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black boots


Background: Nograd Yrestym is no idea where he comes from -- and has taken up adventuring to try to find where he comes from. 





...the following is the full stats of my character:






=FULL STATS=


Name: “Nograd Yrestym”



Race: Human



Appearance: Nograd Yrestym is a tall man with no hair and blue eye usually dressed in a green shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black boots



Characteristics:


Skill: 7.

Stamina: 8

Luck: 9

Magic: 7


Skills:

Word Lore

City Lore

Religion Lore

Common Speech (4 points)

Disguise

Sword Skill (2 points)


Social Standing: Craftsmen 


Starting Equipment:  

5 gold pieces

Sword

A lantern and flask of oil

A backpack

Food items totaling about 2 meals.

A Stamina Potion 


Background: Nograd Yrestym is no idea where he comes from -- and has taken up adventuring to try to find where he comes from.


No comments:

Post a Comment