Friday, January 29, 2021

Character Creation Business #29: "Toon"

 “Toon” is a tabletop roleplaying game by Steve Jackson Games that allows players to play cartoon characters like the following: Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Woody Woodpecker, and their friends and foes.


Step #1 is to find a species -- human or otherwise. Question #1: Alligator? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 97. Exceptional No. Our character is a female bat.


Step #2 is to deal with the Attributes. To do that I roll one classic die - the six-sided dice for each of the Attributes: Muscle (strength), Zip (speed), Smarts (brainpower or lack of it as the case might be.) and four is Chutzpah (willpower or lack of it as the case might be.) The following is my rolls for each of the attributes:


  • Muscle’s Roll: 2

  • Zip’s Roll: 4

  • Brain’s Roll: 1 

  • Chutzpah’s Roll: 2


Step #3 is Hit Points business. Roll a d6  and add 6 to it. The Dice Roll: 4. 4 + 6 = 10. My character has 10 Hit Points. 


Step #4 is the Name. I’m going with Princess Cassandra here.


Step #5 is Description, which is just a fancy name for Appearance -- and for Princess Cassandra, I’m going with the following: “Princess Cassandra is a 6-foot pink bat with red eyes usually dressed in a purple toga and sandals.”


Step #6 is Natural Enemies. I don’t need to do it but I recalled a “bat”-theme episode from “Captian Planet and the Planeteers” -- and learn that bats eat mosquitos -- so I’m going with bugs as Cassandra’s Natural Enemies.


Step #7 is Beliefs and Goals. For Beliefs and Goals, I’m going with the following: 


  • “Eat every bug I meet - -and that includes spiders”

  • “Straight out stupid vampire hunters that think I’m a vampire.”

  • & “Become the most famous cartoon character in the world.”



Step #8 is Possessions. Four of them got to normal while for them got to be unusual. For normal, I’m going with the following for Cassandra: a purse, a makeup mirror, lipstick, and a credit card. For her unusual items, I’m going with the following: a whip, a big hammer, a shield, and roller stakes......



...And I finished with Princess Cassandra, her full stats are below as usual. 



=FULL STATS


Name: “Princess Cassandra”


Species: Bat


Description: Princess Cassandra is a 6-foot pink bat with red eyes usually dressed in a purple toga and sandals



Natural Enemies: Bugs



Beliefs and Goals: “Eat every bug I meet - -and that includes spiders”, “Straight out stupid vampire hunters that think I’m a vampire”, & “Become the most famous cartoon character in the world.”


Possessions: 

Normal: a purse, a makeup mirror, lipstick, and a credit card.

Unusual:  a whip, a big hammer, a shield, and roller stakes.




Attributes:

Muscle: 2

Zip: 4

Brain: 1
Chutzpah: 2


Hit Points: 10


No comments:

Post a Comment