Monday, January 18, 2021

Character Creation Business #18: Meddling Kids

 Want to play a “Scooby-Doo”-styled campaign and missing “Cartoon Action Hour”? Well, the tabletop game know as “Meddling Kids” can be used as a replacement as allows players to play mystery-solving kids


Step #1 is Archetypes. They are 7 types: The Jock, The Fluff, The Brain, The Goof, The Temper, The Sidekick, and The Innocent. Time to bring in Mythic to find the Archetype for my character. Question #1: The Jock? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 87. Question #2: The Fluff? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 73. No. Question #3: The Brain? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 26. Yes. Ok.  


Step #2 is a name Question #4 is the brain the same gender as Velma Dinkey from “Scooby-Doo” a.k.a a female? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 29. Yes.  Question #5 Does our female Brain’s name start with an A? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 57. No, Question #6: B? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 83. Question #7: C? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 14. Yes. I’m going with Cassie as the name. Question #8: Does Cassie’s last name also start with C as well? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 5. Exceptional Yes. Her last name is Cave. 


Step #3 is doing Stats. They are four stats in the  “Meddling Kids” RPG: Strength, Moves, Smarts & Health. You get 24 points -- and no stats can higher than 10. I start with 4 in Strength 24 - 4 = 20. For Smarts, I use 10. 20 - 10 = 10. Then I split the 10 into two 5 for the rest.


Step #4 is Abilities. You get 26 to buy abilities, but you also get a freebie for your Archetype you picked. The following is the ability plus the math business in the brackets as usual:


  • Bookworm (Freebie for being the Clique a.k.a the PC’s team’s Brain):

  • Computer Guru (26 - 8 = 18)

  • Fearless (18 - 6 = 12)

  • Geek (12 - 4 = 8)

  • Good Eats (8 - 2 = 6)

  • Leadership (6 - 5 = 1)



Now, Step #5 is Appearance. For Cassie, I’m going with the following: “Cassie Cave is a teenage girl with red hair and green eye usually dressed in a pink turtleneck sweater, blue jeans, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of blue sneakers.”



...And I’m done with Cassie Cave, full stats are below as usual.





=FULL STATS:


Name: “Cassie Cave”


Appearance: Cassie Cave is a teenage girl with red hair and green eye usually dressed in a pink turtleneck sweater, blue jeans, a pair of pink socks, and a pair of blue sneakers.”



The Archetype: The Brain


Stats:

Strength: 4

Moves: 5

Smarts: 10

Health: 5


Abilities:

Bookworm

Computer Guru
Fearless
Geek

Good Eats



No comments:

Post a Comment