Monday, January 11, 2021

Character Creation Business #11: Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition

 It’s time for the big one thousand pound gorilla of the tabletop roleplaying game, “Dungeons and Dragons”. I will use the core for Fifth Edition. The gender, the species, and the class will be done with the help of Mythic.


Step #1 is gender. Time to start the questions to Mythic Question #1: Is our PC a male? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 59. No. It’s a female.



Stop #2 is the race or species of the character. 


Question #2: is our female PC an elf? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 49. Yes.


Question #3: High Elf? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 50. No.


Question #4: Wood Elf? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 60. No. Looks like it’s Drow a.k.a Dark Elf. I’m going with Zaratina for the name of my PC.


Step #3 is the class of the character.


Question #5: Bard? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 50. No.


Question #6: Druid? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 56. No.


Question #7: Fighter? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 81. No.


Question #8: Monk? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 98. Exceptional No. The class of Zaratina is neither Monk nor Paladin.


Question #9: Ranger? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 93. Exceptional No.  It’s a Rogue.


Question #10: Thief? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 72. No.


Question #11: Assassin? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 79. No. Zaratina is an Arcane Trickster.


For Step #4 -- It’s time to do the roll business to find the score of Zaratina in each of the six abilities. The abilities are the following: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, & Charisma. To do so I roll 4 six-sided dice and add the three highest ones.


Strength’s Dice Rolls: 4, 3, 1 & 5. 4 + 3 = 7 + 5 = 12. Zaratina’s Strength is a 12.

Dexterity’s Dice Rolls: 1, 2, 6 & 6. 6 + 6 = 12 + 2 = 14. Zaratina’s Dexterity is a 14.
Constitution’s Dice Rolls: 4, 3, 3 & 1. 4 + 3 = 7 + 3 = 10. Zaratina’s Constitution is a 10.

Intelligence’s Dice Rolls: 4, 3, 3 & 4. I think I need a re-roll here. Intelligence’s Second Dice Rolls: 6, 3, 1 & 4. 4 + 6 = 10 + 3 = 13. Zaratina’s Inteligence is a 13.

Wisdom’s Dice Roll: 4, 3, 3 & 5. I think I need a re-roll here. Wisdom’s Second Dice Rolls: 3, 3, 2, & 3. I see another re-roll in my future. Wisdom’s Third Dice Rolls: 3, 5, 3, & 2. Another re-roll is going to happen for Zaratina. Wisdom’s Fourth Dice Roll:  1, 3, 5 & 6. 5 + 6 = 11 + 3 = 14. 14 is Zaratina’s Wisdom.

Charisma’s Roll: 1,5, 4 & 3. 3 + 4 = 7 + 5 = 12 + 1 for being a Drow = 13.


Step #5 is Appearance: Zartaina is a tall Drow with green hair, purple skin,  yellow eyes dressed in a green toga and sandals.


Step #6 is Alignment is Lawful Evil. 


Step #7 is Racial Power. Because she is a Drow, Zaratina gets the following things, not counting the 1 to Charisma I mention in Step #4: Superior Darkvision, Sunlight Sensitivity, Drow Magic (Dancing Light cantrip), and Drow Weapon Training


Step #8 is Class Powers. The power of Zaratina’s Arcane Trickster. For her to get any skill, she need not get killed until she is past Level 3. Ouch!.



Step #9 is Hit Points is a math problem. 8 + CON = HP. Let’s plugin Zaratina’s CON into that business. 8 + 10 = 18. Zaratina’s Hit Points equal the number that is known as an 18.


Step #10 is The Classic Proficiencies. That means the following: Light Armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, short swords, thieves tools, and four skills. For her, I took the following skills: Acrobatics, Deception, Performance, and Stealth.


Step #11 is Equipment. I think I give her the following: a rapier, a short sword, an explorer’s backpack, leather armor, two daggers, and thieves tools.


Step #12 is Background. I think Charlatan works for Zaratina. Since I give her Deception all ready, I’m giving her Sleight of Hand here. This also adds Disguise Kit and Forgery Kit to her Tool Proficiencies. I also get the following for equipment for Zaratina: A set of fine clothes, a disguise kit, a signet ring of an imaginary duke, and a belt pouch with 15 gold pieces.


Step #13 is Favorite Schemes. I going with “I put on new identities like clothes”. Since they are a feature of a false identity, I come up with an origin for Zaratina which is the following: “Zaratina is a drow that has been set up to hunt down and punish traitors to Lilith -- but the humans know her as Princess Aelita, an elf princess from a world where all of the elves are purple. She uses Princess Aeltia to have the crooked humans to locate other Drows and try to punish them for leaving Lilith’s caverns.”


Step #14 is an Ideal. I’m going with Fairness which is Lawful for Zaratina.


Step #15 is a Bond. I’m going with the second one the table on page 128 of the rulebook: “I owe everything to my mentor -- a horrible person who probably rotting in a jail.”



Step #16 is a Flaw. I think I am going with the third on the table on Page 128 for Zaratina: “I’m convinced no one can fool me the way I fool others.”


Step #17 is Armor Class. For her, I’m going with leather armor since it’s in Zaratina’s equipment pile. 11 + Dexterity Mod. I need to find the Modifiers for each of Zaratina’s Abilities, I the stats I will busing the following for MODs: (MOD: +#) where # is the modifier’s number. Strength is a 12, so Strength’s MOD is +1. Dexterity is a 14, so Dexterity’s MOD is a +2. Zaratina’s Constitution is a 10, so it’s there is neither a positive or negative modifier for it -- so that one will not have a MOD business next two it. Intelligence is a 13, so Intelligence’s MOD is a +1), Wisdom is a match for Dexterity so, it gets +2 MOD as well. Charisma is a 13, so it’s +1 MODthat both Strength and Intelligence got. 11 + 2 = 13. So Zaratina’s Armor Class is a 13.



Step #18 is the Gold Pieces. To do that I need to roll 5 four-sided dice and times by 10 to get the number I need -- then add 15 gold pieces from that belt pouch that Zaratina got for being a rouge. The number I got was 13. 13 x 10 = 130. 130 + 15 = 145 Gold Pieces for Zaratina.....



...And with that, I am done with “D&D” rulebook, full stats are below as usual.



=FULL STATS=


Name: “Zaratina a.k.a Princess Aelita”


Gender: Female


Race: Drow


Alignment: Lawful Evil.


Appearance: Zartaina is a tall Drow with green hair, purple skin,  yellow eyes dressed in a green toga and sandals.



Class: Arcane Trickster. 


Background: Charlatan 


Favorite Scheme: “I put on new identities like clothes”.


Ideal: Fairness. 


Bond: “I owe everything to my mentor -- a horrible person who probably rotting in a jail.”



Flaw: “I’m convinced no one can fool me the way I fool others.” 


Armor Class: 13



Abilities

Strength: 12 (Mod: +1)

Dexterity: 14 (Mod: +2)
Constution: 10

Intelligence: 13 (Mod: +1)

Wisdom: 14 (Mod: +2)

Charisma: 13 (Mod: +1)


Racial Powers:

Superior Darkvision 

Sunlight Sensitivity

Drow Magic: Dancing Light cantrip.

Drow Weapon Training



Class Proficiencies:

Light Armor

Simple Weapons

Hand Crossbows

Longswords

Thieves’ Tools

Disguise Kit

Forgery Kit


Skills:

Acrobatics 

Deception
Performance

Stealth

Sleight of Hand


Equipment:

A rapier

A short sword

An explorer pack

Leather armor

Two daggers

Theives’ tools

A set of fine clothes

A disguise kit

A signet ring of an imaginary duke
A belt pouch with 15 gold pieces.



Hit Points: 18


Gold Pieces: 145


Background: Zaratina is a drow that has been set up to hunt down and punish traitors to Lilith -- but the humans know her as Princess Aelita, an elf princess from a world where all of the elves are purple. She uses Princess Aeltia to have the crooked humans to locate other Drows and try to punish them for leaving Lilith’s caverns.


No comments:

Post a Comment