Saturday, January 9, 2021

Character Creation Business #9: Cartoon Action Hour: Season Three

 Ok. After PopArena did his Nick Knacks on the classic 1980’s action-comedy cartoon, “Inspector Gadget”, I got a question in my mind, “What happens if Penny was a more serious Inspector Gadget herself?” To create that, I use a season (read: edition) of “Cartoon Action Hour”. The season (read: edition) is the latest one: “Cartoon Action Hour: Season Three.”


Step #1 is to get the following: Star Power and Base Oomph. Usually, the PC gets a Star Power and Base Oomph of 3 as teamwork is very important for the stars of a 1980s action cartoon, but since Nickel, my name for the heroine of this cartoon, is the main solo star, she has Star Power of 4 as well as a Base Oomph for 4.


Step #2: The next step according to the rulebook for Season Three of “Cartoon Action Hour” is to get the Qualities. They are two types of Qualities: Signature Qualities & Standard Qualities.  Signature Qualities is what you might find written under the character’s name on his action figure box. Standard Qualities are other issues that characters have to deal with in their character. 


Signature Quality for Nickel is the following: “Female Cyberticized Cop” -- since I’m merging Penny with her Uncle, Inspector Gadget, for this character. For her first, she needs an arch-enemy since Inspector Gadget is an enemy of Dr. Claw and his organization, MAD. I looked up other words for claws -- Talon, come up -- but I don’t want to use it since Talon was used in the DMX’s  “Inspector Gadget” cartoon for Netflix as Dr. Claw’s nephew. So I’m going to keep Dr. Claw as the arch-enemy for Nickel. As the old saying -- “The more things change, the more things stay the same.”  That makes, “Arch-Enemy: Dr. Claw”, Nickel’s first Standard Quality. For her next Standard Quality is the following: “Very Serious. 


Step #3 is dealing with tier and traits. Well, we going with Superhuman Tier for Nickel, but I need to decide on how many points to give Nickel for her traits. BY THE WAY, ALL TRAITS  FOR A CHARACTER FOR SEASON 3 OF “CARTOON ACTION HOUR” MUST BE IN CAPITAL LETTER LIKE THIS SENTENCE I HAD WRITTEN.


Question #1: 26 Points? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 50. No.


Question #2: 28 Points? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 81. No.


Question #3: 30 Points? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 94. Exceptional No. The point total is 60 Points for Nickel’s stats. The following is the traits that I brought for Nickel along with the math business in brackets as usual:


  • CYBERNETIC ITEMS 12 [60 - 12 = 48]

  • AGILITY 7 [48 - 7 = 41]

  • SMARTS 7 [41 - 7 = 34]

  • DETECTIVE KNOWLEDGE 7 [34 - 7 = 27]

  • DRIVING AUTOMOBILES 6 [27 - 6 = 21]

  • PILOTING PLANES 6 [21 - 6 = 15]

  • SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE 6 [15 - 6 = 9]

  • USING COMPUTERS 8 [9 - 8 = 1]


I think I finished with Nickel’s traits -- and looks like I got some from Inspector Gadget and some from Penny. 


Step #4 is attached to some Special Rules to traits. I get the number of a special rule that matches the Star Power of the PC. Nickel has 4 Star Power, she gets 4 Special Rules.


The first Special Rule, I’m taking is “Versatile” for CYBERNETIC ITEMS. That will count for two upgrades for Nickel as well as a Special Rule plus I have to lower the rating of CYTBERETIC ITEMS by 4. That transforms that 12 into an 8. Now, I need to figure out four items -- I decided on the following items: JETPACK, LASER FINGER, FLASHLIGHT, & PORTABLE COMPUTER]. Also, I get 4 undefined traits.  


The next Special Rule I giving to Nickel is “Action Feature”. Every PC must have an “Action Feature”. NO EXCEPTIONS AT ALL!!!!!!!! I can’t give it to CYBERTENIC ITEMS, but I can give it to LASER FINGER. 


Right now, I have 2 Special Rules left to give, but since Inspector Gadget’s gadgets are activated by voice, I need to add a bad Special Rule to CYBERTENIC ITEMS which is the following: “Disadvantage: Must say the name of the gadget in order to activate it.] I think I’m done with Special Rules for Nickel.


Step #5 is Upgrades. I have two Upgrades left after taking the “Versatile” Special Rules. I don’t think I have anything in mind for the latest two upgrades -- so I think Nickel be.



Step #6 is the Series Title. I’m going to call the series, “Inspector Nickel” and add “Inspector” to Nickel’s name. 


Step #7 is the Player’s Name. That would be me, Dr. Fowl Thinker. 😉


Step #8 is Proof of Purchase. This is usually empty at the star. 


Step #9 is Character Appearance. For Nickel, I’m going with the following: Nickel is a tall woman with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in a white wedding dress that and white high-heel shoes.


And with that, our character is done. Full Stats are below as usual.





=FULL STATS=


Name: “Inspector Nickel”


Player Name: Dr. Fowl Thinker


Series Name: “Inspector Nickel”



Appearance: Nickel is a tall woman with blonde hair and blue eye usually dressed in a white wedding dress that and white high-heel shoes.



Signature Quality: 

▢▢ Female Cyberticized Cop


Standard Qualities:

▢ Arch-Enemy: Dr. Claw.

▢ Very Serious


Star Power: 4


Base Oomph: 4


Traits: CYBERNETIC ITEMS 8 [Versatile: JETPACK, LASER FINGER [Action Feature], FLASHLIGHT,  PORTABLE COMPUTER, & 4 undefined traits, Disadvantage: Must say the name of the gadget in order to activate it. ] AGILITY 7, SMART 7,  DETECTIVE KNOWLEDGE 7, DRIVING AUTOMOBILES 6, PILOTING PLANES 6, SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE 6, USING COMPUTERS 8 


Upgrades Taken: #5


Proof of Purchase: _____



No comments:

Post a Comment