Monday, January 25, 2021

Character Creation Business #25: "Slasher Flick"

 Spectrum Games’s “Slasher Flick” is a tabletop RPG that is based on slasher flicks like “Halloween”, “Friday the 13th”,  & “A Nightmare on Elm Street”. 


Step #1 is deciding on Primary or Secondary character. Primary characters may get out of the movie getting killed by rip-offs of Jason Voorhes or Freddy Krueger while Secondary characters will die like moths to bug zapper. I’m going with the former then the later for this character.


Step #2 is to get the character’s Stereotypes. I’m going with “Soap Opera Actress”.


Step #3 is to get the stats rating. At the stats. There are four stats in “Slasher Flick”: Brawn (strength), Finesse (dexterity), Brains (smarts), & Spirit (willpower).All four of them start at Poor. You get  stat boosters, the number of stat boosters depends on character type:. A Secondary character gets 3, while a Primary character like my character gets 4. I use all four stat boosters to get all of the stats up to Normal. 


Step #4 is get Positive Qualities. Secondary characters get three Positive Qualities while a Primary Character gets four Positive Qualities. I’m going with the following: “Kicking” (Brawn), “Ex-Stunt Woman” (Finesse), “Quick Learner” (Brains) & Spirit (Positive Animal:“Animal Lover”)



Step #5 is Negative Quality. Each character - both Primary and Secondary get one Negative Quality. For my character, I’m going with Old Age, I think that will be hooked to Brawn.


Step #6 is Alternations. For Secondary Characters, the following is straight from the rulebook for “Slasher Flick”: ”Each player receives a certain number of alterations to spread out amongst the secondary characters he currently possesses. That number is equal to the number of secondary

characters he possesses, minus 1 (down to a minimum of one).” For Primary Characters, they get two. I am going to use my two for the following: Up Brain to Good & get two Genre Points.


Step #7 is Item. For that,  I’m going with a purse as my character’s item.


Step #8 is Name. I’m going with Donna Winters as the name of the character.


Step #9 is a Connection to another PC. Since I’m going solo, I’m just going to make up the other PCs. My pick is the following: “She is the Aunt of Susan Spring”


Step #10 is a Character Tidbit. I say the following: “Loves model trains.”



..And with that, I’m done, full stats are below as usual,.



=FULL STATS=


Name: “Donna Winters”


Character Type: Primary


Stereotype: Soap Opera Actress.


Stats:

Brawn: Normal (Positive: Kicking, Negative: Old Age), 

Finesse: Normal (Positive: Ex-Stunt Woman)

Brains: Good (Positive: Quick Learner)

Spirit: Normal (Positive: Animal Lover)


Items:

Purse



Genre Points: 2


Connection: Aunt to Susan Spring


Character Tidbits: Loves model trains


No comments:

Post a Comment