Saturday, January 23, 2021

Character Creation #23: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

 Today, I’m going to create a character for Savage World Adventure Edition, the most recent edition of “Savage World”


Step #1: Find a genre for a fictional campaign. Time to bring in “Mythic” to the business. Question #1: Cyberpunk? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 84. No. Question #2: Fantasy? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 93. Exceptional No. It’s Pulp. 


Step #2: Find my PC’s race. Question #2: Is my race the following: normal human? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 18. Yes.


Step #3: Find the PC’s gender. Question #3: Is PC a female? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 1. Exceptional Yes. And her name is Johanna Jackson.


Step #4: I can take up four Hindrance for my character. A minor Hindrance is worth 1 point while a Major Hindrance is worth 2 points. I will ask Mythic about the Hindrance from the main rule book. Question #4: All Thumbs? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 27. Yes. Question #5: Anemic? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 7. Exceptional Yes. Both Anemic and Arrogant are a part of J.J’s Hindrance line up. Question #6: Bad Eyes? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 68. No. Question #7: Bad Luck? My View: 50/50. Mythic View: 4. Exceptional Yes. Let’s add up the point totals. 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 =4 + 2 = 6. I’m over, but that’s fine. 4 is the limit. 


Step #5: Everyone starts with a d4 in the five Attributes: Agility, Smarts, Spirit, Strength, and Vigor. I can’t go above a d12. I have 5 points plus the 4 points I got for picking my Hindrances for a total of 9 points. Here’s what I did for each of my points:


  • Up Agility to d6 (9 - 1 = 8)

  • Up Smarts to d6 (8 - 1 = 7)

  • Up Agility to a d8 (7 - 1 = 6)

  • Up Smarts to a d8 (6 - 1 = 5)

  • Up Strength to a d6 (5 - 1 = 4)

  • Up Strength to a d8 (4 - 1 = 3)



I think I finished with her Attributes. The next step is Step #6: Core Skills. I have 12 points to buy or raise a skill. It costs 1 dice to do unless the PC is good in -- and then 2 the character is great in that skill. The following is what I need for J.J:


  • Up Athletics to d8 (12 - 1 = 10)

  • Buy Academics (10 - 1 = 9)

  • Up Academis to a d6 (9 - 1 = 8)

  • Buy Fighting (8 - 1 = 7)

  • Up Fighting to a d6 (7 - 1 = 6)

  • Up Common Knowledge to d6 (6 - 1 = 5)

  • Up Notice to a d6 (5 - 1 = 4)

  • Buy Performance (4 - 1  =3 )

  • Buy Research (3 - 1 = 2)

  • Up Research to d6 (2 - 1 = 1)



With me finished with J.J’s Skills, it’s time for Step #7: Edges. I get two edges since J.J is a human. I’m going with the following two: “Fame” & “Fleet-Footed”.


Step #8 for J.J’s is Appearance, which is the following: “J.J. is a tall African-American woman with black hair and brown eyes usually dressed in a green shirt, blue jeans, a pair of green socks, and a pair of woman rainboots.”



Step  #9 is “Derived Statistics”. The pace is how fast a PC can move. It’s 6 for J.J. Parry is 2 the character’s Fighting Dice. That makes it’s a d6+2 for J.J’s Parry. Size is 0 for J.J. Toughness is 2 + half of your hero’s Vigor. J.J.’s Vigor is d4 --so Toughness is 2+d2...


.....And J.J is finished, full stats are below as usual.



=FULL STATS=


Name: “Johanna Jackson”


Race: Human


Appearance: J.J. is a tall African-American woman with black hair and brown eyes usually dressed in a green shirt, blue jeans, a pair of green socks, and a pair of woman rainboots. 



Attributes

Agility: d8

Smarts: d8

Spirit: d4

Strength: d8

Vigor: d4.


Edges: Fame & Fleet-Food

 


Hindrance: All Thumbs [Minor], Anemic [Minor], Arrogant [Major], Bad Luck [Major]


Core Skills:

Athletics: d8

Common Knowledge: d6

Notice: d6

Persuasion: d4

Stealth: d4


Other Skills:
Academics: d6

Fighting: d6
Performance: d4

Research: d6


Derived Statistics:

Pace: 6

Parry: 2+d6
Size: 0

Toughness: 2+d2



No comments:

Post a Comment